Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a prevalent sexual issue that affects many individuals. It is characterized by the inability to achieve or maintain a satisfactory erection. While medical interventions are available, many people prefer exploring non-invasive solutions to address this problem. In this article, we will discuss the importance of exercise, various types of exercises that can help alleviate ED symptoms, the role of a balanced diet, and other lifestyle changes that can improve erectile function naturally.
Exercise and Erectile Dysfunction:
In approximately 80% of cases, erectile dysfunction is linked to a person’s lifestyle habits. Making positive changes in these habits can be the most effective and permanent way to address the issue. Regular exercise has been found to have a positive impact on erectile function. It is especially beneficial for individuals facing ED due to obesity, alcoholism, heart problems, high sugar levels/type 2 diabetes mellitus, and smoking.
However, it is important to note that exercise may not significantly improve ED caused by prostate cancer or increased testosterone levels. Nevertheless, exercise remains a key component of a healthy lifestyle and can contribute to overall well-being.
Different Types of Exercise for Erectile Dysfunction:
1. Kegel Exercises:
Kegel exercises are designed to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, including the pubococcygeus muscle. These muscles play a crucial role in achieving and maintaining erections. Here are three types of kegel exercises:
– Activating the Pelvic Floor: Lie on the floor, bend your knees, and squeeze your pelvic floor muscles for three seconds while exhaling. Release the muscles while inhaling. Repeat this exercise at least 10 times.
– Standing Exercise (Pelvic Floor Activation): Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart. Squeeze your pelvic floor muscles while exhaling, hold for three seconds, and then release while inhaling. Repeat this exercise three times a day, with a set of 10 repetitions each.
– Sitting Exercise (Pelvic Floor Activation): Sit on the floor with your feet flat on the ground. Repeat the squeezing and relaxing process for three seconds each. Increase the duration gradually as your muscles strengthen.
Pilates focuses on core strength, which is essential for individuals with ED. A stronger core can improve erectile function and prolong ejaculation. Three types of Pilates exercises that can help address ED are:
– Supine Foot Raises: Lie down with your knees bent. Engage your pelvic floor muscles and raise one foot off the floor. Lower the leg after a few seconds and repeat with the other leg. Start with 4-5 repetitions and gradually increase over time.
– Knee Fallouts: Lie down and ensure a neutral spinal position. Squeeze your pelvic muscles and lower one knee, keeping the pelvic muscles engaged. Hold for several seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat with the other leg.
– Pelvic Curl: Lie down with your knees bent and engage your pelvic floor muscles. Tilt your pelvis upward, lift your buttocks, and squeeze your glutes. Hold this position while breathing. Slowly lower your back and buttocks to the floor.
3. Cardio/Aerobic Exercise:
Engaging in aerobic activities is also beneficial for individuals with ED. Cardio exercises help improve blood flow, strengthen the cardiovascular system, and enhance stamina. Examples of effective aerobic exercises include running, boxing, spin classes, skipping, rowing, and cycling. Aim for 30-40 minutes of high-intensity workouts, at least three times a week.
Erectile dysfunction can be effectively managed through natural methods. Regular exercise, including kegel exercises, Pilates, and aerobic activities, can enhance pelvic floor strength, core stability, and overall cardiovascular health. Coupled with a balanced diet, these lifestyle changes can contribute to improved erectile function over time. Remember to consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice and guidance tailored to your specific needs.
The Role of Diet:
Giving one hour a day to physical activities and performing the exercises properly can help eliminate ED and many other diseases. However, exercise alone may not be enough. Along with exercise, a person should also maintain a healthy diet.
We suggest consulting a physician or a nutritionist for guidance on a balanced diet plan. It will help you with the energy you require for exercising.
Also, you should avoid junk and food with bad fats when on a mission to cure your erectile dysfunction. Also, when you are curing your ED with these natural ways, then it will take some time.
In the meantime, your Physician can suggest you PDE type5 inhibitor medicine like Cenforce 100 mg, Tadalista 20 mg, Fildena 100 mg, etc., to help manage your symptoms. When your situation improves naturally, Physician can decrease the dose and eventually stop using them.
Note: It is essential to consult a qualified medical professional before making any significant changes to your exercise routine or diet.
At Medzpills, it is our mission to provide consumers with the best possible, scientifically-backed, and expert-reviewed information. Parry Stone, an expert in the field has reviewed this article, but we caution you that it should not be treated as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. It is a source of knowledge, potentially helpful in understanding health conditions, lab tests, medications, side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more. To ensure the best experience and outcome, we strongly encourage you to consult with your doctor and discuss any concerns or questions you have about a particular disease or medication. Our services are meant to supplement, not replace, the invaluable relationship between doctor and patient.