What Is A-Ret Gel 0.1%?
A-Ret Gel 0.1%, also known as Tretinoin Gel, falls under the medicine group of retinoids. It is a synthetic compound that is derived from pure Vitamin A. It is a strong tropical skin care product that a person can only buy if they have a prescription.
People with common skin problems like acne, sun damage, wrinkles, etc., can use the medicine & get better results.
The primary pharmaceutical ingredient present in the gel is Tretinoin in 0.1% w/w amount. The manufacturer of the medicine is a Menarini India Pvt Ltd.
In one tube, the manufacturer packs 20 grams of gel. The medicine is FDA-approved & you can use it if you have a prescription for the medicine.
Interesting Details About A-Ret Gel
- If your skin is sensitive, you should not use the medicine.
- The medicine helps people who don’t notice any results due to retinol.
- The Tretinoin gel will speed up the skin cells’ life cycle.
- To show action, Tretinoin first causes irritation on your skin. This might happen for a few weeks and show that gel is actually working,
- The other name of Tretinoin is retinoic acid (generic synthetic Vitamin A).
- The gel stimulates collagen & elastin in your skin.
- You will notice rapid extrapolation because of the A-Ret Gel.
- A-Ret Gel 0.1 is a prescription only medication because it contains tretinoin, a powerful retinoid that may cause side effects if not used correctly.
- You can put moisturizer on after applying A-Ret Gel 0.1. However, make sure to leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes before applying the moisturizer.
- It does not cause hair loss or thickening but may increase facial hair growth.
- A-Ret Gel 0.1 may temporarily make pores look larger while they are shrinking.
Why Does A Person Require A-Ret Gel?
- The medicine can help a person treat mild to moderate levels of acne. You can also use the gel in combination with anti-bacterial medicine.
- People who are facing issues of skin inflammation can also use the gel.
- People can also use the medicine for exfoliation of the skin.
- You can use the medicine if you want to prevent follicular plugging.
- You can also use the medicine if you want to reduce the chances of acne outbreaks.
- The gel can reduce the fine lines and wrinkles on your skin. This works as an anti-aging for your skin and makes women look younger.
- If you want to improve your skin texture & tone, you can use the gel.
- If you have sun-damaged skin, take the help of the gel.
- If your skin shows dark spots, you can use the A-Ret Gel & enjoy the benefits.
- Tretinoin may help with under eye wrinkles when used as directed.
- Tretinoin is generally better than Botox in terms of long-term efficacy and safety.
- A-Ret Gel 0.1 is one of the best products to fill wrinkles.
- It can also remove deep wrinkles, forehead lines, and Crepey skin over time with continued use as well as reduce crows feet around the eyes.
Tips To Apply A-Ret Gel 0.1%
- Before applying the gel, you should properly wash your hands.
- Gently clean the skin with a mild soap and pat it until dry.
- Now you should take gel on your fingertip & start applying it on the infected skin. Ensure you cover the whole patch of skin with a thin layer.
- You should only apply the gel on the outer skin.
- Don’t apply the gel if you have eczema or a cut on your skin.
- After using the gel, wash your hands. It will ensure that you don’t apply it anywhere else.
- Never use large amounts because that will not work faster.
How Does A-Ret Gel Show Its Action?
When you use the Tretinoin gel, you will notice that the cells in your skin start regenerating faster. The life cycle of the skin cells will be shorter, due to which the older skin is easily removed with the newer skin.
Apart from that, the Vitamin A in the gel will reduce the oil production in the skin and replenish the acne-prone skin. The decrease in the production of oil will keep your pores open for longer. This is going to help in treating acne & wrinkles and will keep your skin young.
Information To Discuss With Physician Before Using The A-Ret Gel
- First, you should discuss the issue and its severity with your physician. They will use this information to decide how much and when to apply the gel.
- If you plan to get pregnant or are already carrying a baby, discuss it with your physician. They will help you make the right decision.
- It would be best if you discussed your sun exposure with your physician, also. If your job requires exposure, they will decide the dose accordingly.
- You should discuss all the medications, creams, soaps & shampoos you are currently using with them. They will check them for interactions & decide whether you are safe to use them.
Does A-Ret Gel Really Help You With Acne Issues?
Yes, this topical gel actually helps a person with acne. According to a few reports, it is the most effective salt when it comes to treating acne and preventing them.
In 2009 & 2013 various studies were conducted in which 50% people were provided with Tretinoin gel & others with a non-therapeutic gel. After 12 weeks, people using Tretinoin experience a noticeable reduction in their acne, whereas the normal ones barely notice any results.
Final reports from the studies show that it is one of the most effective treatments which will work even better if you use it with benzoyl peroxide.
But a person has to understand that results never appear immediately. It takes at least 6 weeks to barely notice any results. Moreover in the first few weeks, the issue gets worse and acne breakout increases. It is known as Tretinoin purge.
Side Effects Of A-Ret Gel
In the earlier weeks of medicine application, you might notice the following side effects-
- Skin redness,
- Mild burning, or
- Worsening of acne
You can use a moisturizer to control these side effects. On the other hand, the serious side effects of the medicine are-
- Blistering/crusting of the skin,
- Severe burning/swelling of the skin,
- Skin discoloration,
- Swelling of face & tongue
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reaction
- Throat tightness
What Happens If You Miss The Dose Of A-Ret Gel 0.1%?
If you ever miss the application of A-Ret Gel, make up for the dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, don’t apply the gel and wait for the next dose application.
Over Application Of A-Ret Gel 0.1%
If you apply the A-ret gel more than the required amount, irritation might happen. This irritation might increase with time. That is why you must contact your physician and ask for help so that your irritation might decrease.
Available Substitutes Of A-Ret Gel 0.1%
- Isofeel 0.1 Gel by Dermakare Pharmaceuticals
- Supatret 0.1 Aqueous Gel by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Retino A Micro 0.1% by Johnson & Johnson Ltd.
- Retin-A by Bausch Health Companies Inc.
All the medicines are available in other strengths also which ranges from .01-0.1%. Your physician will make a decision of which strength would be the best for your skin.
Preventive Measures & Warnings
- You should share your medical details with a physician to ensure your safety.
- Apply any cream, moisturizer or makeup on your skin after consulting your physician. Only use products that they recommend.
- You should try to use the cream in the evening so that your skin gets less exposed to the sun.
- Don’t wash your skin for an hour at least after tretinoin application.
- Never stop using the medicine without physician approval otherwise you might notice irritation
- However, a below 9 year old should not start using tretinoine for wrinkles as this product is not recommended for young children due to potential side effects..
- You should not use sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid with Tretinoin.
- Stop using medicines that will make your skin sensitive to the skin, like thiazides (antihypertensives), tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, sulfonamides, etc.
- Don’t use medicated soaps with the gel without discussing it with the physician.
- It would be best if you did not use astringents or spices when using the medicine.
- Never apply lime at the place where you are applying the gel.
- Avoid using alcohol-based toners & shaving lotions on your skin when using the medicine.
- It would help if you chose a dry and moisture-free place to store the gel.
- Store the gel at a temperature below 25 degrees Celsius.
- Always keep your kids and pets away from the medicine because it can harm their skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should One Use The A-Ret Gel 0.1%?
- The duration of the treatment completely depends upon the severity of the problem you are facing. The physician is going to decide and then suggest to you how long you must continue using the medicine. On average, a person needs to use the gel for 4-5 months.
Can I Undergo Any Skin Treatment While Using The Gel?
- It completely depends on the type of skin treatment you prefer. According to the records, getting hair removal and laser treatments is completely unsafe when using the A-ret gel.
- If you have decided to get any treatment, you must ask your physician if you should continue using the gel or stop it. Contact your physician if you do not see any benefit in 12 weeks.
Is It Safe To Apply Make-up With The Gel?
- Application of make-up is completely safe after using the gel until the physician forbids you to do so. They might do so because of your skin type or how it might react with the application of make-up & medicine together. That is why you must ask your physician about the make-up application beforehand.