What Is A-Ret Gel 0.1%?
A-Ret Gel 0.1%, also known as Tretinoin Gel, falls under the medicine group of retinoids. It is a compound that is derived from pure Vitamin A. Only a person with a prescription can buy this strong topical skin care product. People with common skin problems like acne, sun damage, wrinkles, etc., can use the medicine & get better results.
The active pharmaceutical ingredient present in the gel is Tretinoin in 0.1% w/w amount. The manufacturer of the medicine is Menarini India Pvt Ltd. In one tube, the manufacturer packs 20 grams of gel. Tretinoin is FDA-approved & you can use it if you have a prescription for the medicine.[presto_player id=12896]
Interesting Details About A Ret Gel
- If your skin is sensitive, you should not use the medicine.
- The medicine helps people who don’t notice any results due to other retinoids.
- The Tretinoin gel will speed up the skin cells’ life cycle.
- To show action, Tretinoin first causes irritation to your skin. This might happen for a few weeks and show that gel is actually working,
- The other name of Tretinoin is retinoic acid (generic synthetic Vitamin A).
- The gel stimulates collagen & elastin in your skin.
- You will notice rapid exfoliation due to the A-Ret Gel.
Why Does A Person Require A-Ret Gel?
- The medicine can help a person treat mild to moderate levels of acne if prescribed for acne vulgaris. You can also use the gel in combination with anti-bacterial medicine.
- People who are facing issues of skin inflammation can also use the gel.
- People can also use the medicine for exfoliation of the skin.
- You can use the medicine if you want to treat follicular plugging.
- You can also use the medicine if you want to reduce the chances of acne outbreaks.
- The gel can reduce the fine lines and wrinkles on your skin. This works as an anti-aging treatment for your skin.
- If you want to improve your skin texture & tone, you can use the gel.
- If you have sun-damaged skin, take the help of the gel.
- If your skin shows dark spots, you can use the A-Ret Gel and enjoy the benefits.
Tips To Apply A Ret Gel 0.1%
- Before applying the gel, you should properly wash your hands.
- Gently clean the skin with a mild soap and pat it until dry.
- Now you should take gel on your fingertip & start applying it on the infected skin. Ensure you cover the whole patch of skin with a thin layer.
- You should only apply the gel on the affected skin.
- Don’t apply the gel if you have eczema or a cut on your skin.
- Never use the gel near your eyes, as it can be harmful.
- After using the gel, wash your hands. It will ensure that you don’t apply it anywhere else.
- Never use large amounts because that will not work faster.
How Does A Ret Gel Show Its Action?
When you use the Tretinoin gel, you will notice that the cells in your skin start regenerating faster. The life cycle of the skin cells will be shorter, due to which the older skin is easily removed with the newer skin. Apart from that, the Vitamin A in the gel will reduce the oil production in the skin indirectly by normalizing the rate of cell turnover and replenishing the acne-prone skin. The decrease in the production of oil will keep your pores open for longer. This is going to help in treating acne & wrinkles and will keep your skin young.
Information To Discuss With Physician Before Using The A Ret Gel
- You should discuss the issue and its severity with your physician. They will use this information to decide how much and when to apply the gel.
- If you plan to get pregnant or are already carrying a baby, discuss it with your physician. They will help you with the right recommendation.
- It would be best if you discussed your sun exposure with your physician, also. If your job requires exposure, they will decide the dose accordingly.
- You should discuss all the medications, creams, soaps & shampoos you are currently using with them. They will check them for interactions & decide whether you are safe to use them.
Does A-Ret Gel Really Help You With Acne Issues?
Yes, this topical gel actually helps a person with acne. According to a few reports, it is the most effective topical treatment when it comes to treating acne and preventing them. In 2009 & 2013 various studies were conducted in which 50% people were provided with Tretinoin gel & others with a non-therapeutic gel. After 12 weeks, people using Tretinoin experience a noticeable reduction in their acne, whereas the normal ones barely notice any results.
Final reports from the studies show that it is one of the most effective treatments that will work even better if you use it with benzoyl peroxide.One should do it under medical supervision. But a person has to understand that results never appear immediately. It takes at least 6 weeks to barely notice any results. Moreover in the first few weeks, the issue gets worse and acne breakout increases. It is known as Tretinoin purge.
Side Effects Of A Ret Gel
In the earlier weeks of medication application, you might notice the following side effects-
- Skin redness,
- Mild burning, or
- Worsening of acne
You can use a moisturizer to control these side effects.
Serious side effects of the medicine are-
- Blistering/crusting of the skin,
- Severe burning/swelling of the skin,
- Skin discoloration,
- Swelling of face & tongue
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reaction
- Throat tightness
What Happens If You Miss The Dose Of A Ret Gel 0.1%?
If you ever miss the application of A-Ret Gel, make up for the dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, don’t apply the gel and wait for the next dose application.
Over Application Of A Ret Gel 0.1%
If you apply the A-ret gel more than the required amount, irritation might happen. This irritation might increase with time. That is why you must contact your physician and ask for help so that your irritation might decrease.
Available Substitutes Of A-Ret Gel 0.1%
- Isofeel 0.1 Gel by Dermakare Pharmaceuticals
- Supatret 0.1 Aqueous Gel by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Retino A Micro 0.1% by Johnson & Johnson Ltd.
- Retin-A by Bausch Health Companies Inc.
All the medicines are available in other strengths also which ranges from .01-0.1%. Your physician will make a decision of which strength would be the best for your skin.
Preventive Measures & Warnings
- You should share your medical details with a physician to ensure your safety.
- You should not apply any cream, moisturizer or makeup on your skin without consulting your physician. Only use products that they recommend.
- You should try to use the cream in the evening so that your skin gets less exposed to the sun.
- Don’t wash your skin for an hour at least after tretinoin application.
- Never stop using the medicine without physician approval otherwise you might notice irritation.
- You should not use sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid with Tretinoin.
- Stop using medicines that will make your skin sensitive to the skin, like thiazides (antihypertensives), tetracyclines, fluoroquinolones, sulfonamides, etc.
- Don’t use medicated soaps with the gel without discussing it with the physician.
- It would be best if you did not use astringents or spices when using the medicine.
- Never apply lime at the place where you are applying the gel.
- Avoid using alcohol-based toners & shaving lotions on your skin when using the medicine.
- It would help if you chose a dry and moisture-free place to store the gel.
- Store the gel at a temperature below 25 degrees Celsius.
- Always keep your kids and pets away from the medicine because it can harm their skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Should One Use The A-Ret Gel 0.1%?
- The duration of the treatment completely depends upon the severity of the problem you are facing. The physician is going to decide and then suggest to you how long you must continue using the medicine. On average, a person needs to use the gel for 4-5 months.
Can I Undergo Any Skin Treatment While Using The Gel?
- It completely depends on the type of skin treatment you prefer. According to the records, getting hair removal and laser treatments is completely unsafe when using the A-ret gel. If you have decided to get any treatment, you must ask your physician if you should continue using the gel or stop it. Contact your physician if you do not see any benefit in 12 weeks.
Is It Safe To Apply Make-up With The Gel?
- Application of make-up is completely safe after using the gel until the physician forbids you to do so. They might do so because of your skin type or how it might react with the application of make-up & medicine together. That is why you must ask your physician about the make-up application beforehand.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.