Artesunate 50 is the medicine that is used to treat mild to severe malaria in pediatric and adult patients. The drug consists of Artesunate, which is an active ingredient.
According to World Health Organization, Artesunate is the first line treatment to treat malaria and was developed for artemisinin’s hydrophilic derivative. The medicine is FDA-approved.
Artesunate belongs to a medicinal group which is antimalarials and treats malaria and red blood cell infection that can be transmitted in a person through a mosquito bite. However, the medicine is not to prevent malaria but to treat it and prevent its recurrence.
Artesunate 50 tablet is generic drug with brand name Norsunate 50, and one can easily find it online on Medzpills. The medicine is sold in a strip of 4 white tablets. But if you want to consume the medicine or place an order, make sure you have consulted with a doctor and have the prescription.
How to use Artesunate 50 mg?
- The person should always take medicine at the same time every day prescribed by their doctor.
- Make sure you are taking the medicine with food and never take it empty stomach otherwise there will be consequences.
- One can swallow the medicine as a whole but never break, crush or chew it because it might not work in this way.
- A person should never self-medicate. It is essential to consult with the doctor as they will perform the proper test and then only prescribe you accordingly.
How does Artesunate 50 mg work?
Artesunate 50 tablet is a medicine containing Artesunate used for treating severe malaria. It is an anti-parasitic medication that works by producing harmful chemicals within the malarial parasite and killing them.
The medicine produce harmful chemicals within the malarial parasite and kills them completely. If you want this medicine to work correctly, it is advised to take as response of the patient or as prescribed by the doctor.
Dosage of Artesunate 50 tablet
The dosage for Artesunate 50 mg tablet may vary from person to person, so it is essential to take the dose prescribed by a doctor. The doctor will do a proper test on your body, and then only they will give you medication which suits you.
- Check the tissue level in your body by doing a blood test.
- Check the weight of the person to decide the right dose for you.
- The doctor will check the response of your body to the treatment.
After considering these conditions only, the doctor will decide the correct dose for you. That is why you should consult with the doctor and never self-medicate. It would help if you also met your physician every week or whenever the doctor asked you.
Usually, the dose you need to take would be once or twice daily. But even after taking it according to the doctor’s prescription, if you are not getting any improvement, then just consult with your physician.
If someone ever overdoses on the medicine, then there can be severe issues which might appear in their body. So, if you ever feel uneasy, it is essential to consult with the doctor first because they will help you and give you the best advice.
If someone misses the dose of Norsunate 50, it is better to take it as soon as you remember it. But if the time is already for the next dose, then it is better to skip the missed one. Otherwise, you may feel some uneasiness.
Side- effects of Artesunate 50
- Dark Urine
- Loss of Appetite
- Muscle Twitching
- Clay-coloured stools
- Nausea or vomiting
- Swelling of the ankles, face or hands
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Unusual weakness or tiredness
- Unpleasant breath odour
Precautions and Warnings
The patient must visit the doctor regularly and ensure the medicine works properly. Getting a blood test after every four weeks is also crucial for the treatment of the medicine so you can check if there are any unwanted effects of the medicine.
Even after you receive treatment, there can be blood problems, and if you face back, stomach or leg pains, chills, difficulty breathing, dark urine, loss of appetite, bleeding gums, headaches, nosebleeds, sore throat, unusual tiredness or weakness.
In rare cases, Artesunate 50 can cause a severe allergic reaction. If you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as difficulty breathing or swelling of the face or throat, seek medical attention immediately. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or have any type of heart, liver, kidney or allergic disease, then it is essential to inform your doctor about it because that can be serious, and you may not want to take any risk.
When you consult with the doctor, they will provide you with medication or doses according to your requirement. Plus, one should also not consume alcohol because it may interact with the medicine.
Storage of Artesunate 50
- The medicine must be placed in a dark, dry place with no moisture.
- One should not place the medicine in the sunlight and must be placed at a temperature between 15 and 25 degrees Celsius.
- You should not freeze the medicine otherwise it will lose its quality.
What is Artesunate 50 used for?
Artesunate 50 is used for malaria treatment and is not to treat severe malaria, where it may affect the lungs, kidneys and brain. It is an anti-parasitic medication that produces harmful chemicals that kill those malarial parasites.
What if someone needs to remember to take a dose of Artesunate 50?
If anyone needs to remember to take the dose of Artesunate 50, you should take it as soon as you remember. But make sure you do not double the amount, which means if it is your time for the next dose, you should skip the missed dose and follow the following schedule as the doctor prescribes. If you double, the dose will increase the chances of side effects.
Who should not take Artesunate 50?
People who are allergic to Artesunate should not take this medicine because that will cause more problems. Artesunate is an active ingredient in this medicine so you should not take it if you are allergic to it.
Can you use Artesunate 50 to prevent malaria?
Artesunate 50 does not prevent malaria, but it can cure the person and will cure the infection in the red blood cell that may happen because of the mosquito bite and prevent its recurrence.
What kind of food one should avoid while taking Artesunate 50?
If you are suffering from malaria and taking Artesunate 50, then it is better to avoid any kind of junk food and alcohol. Rest you can ask your doctor about the food you should not eat, and they can advise you better.
Is Artesunate 50 safe to use?
Artesunate 50 is safe for use, but only if you take the dose and duration that the doctor advised. It would help if you took it exactly as directed and never skip any dose. A person should follow the instructions carefully and let their doctor know if they have seen any side effects.
Related Medicine :
Hydroxychloroquine 400mg | Hydroxychloroquine 200mg | Artesunate 100 | Artesunate 200mg
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more. It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.
There are no reviews yet.