HCQs 200 mg
HCQs or hydroxychloroquine is a medicine that falls under anti-malarial or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs. The medicine is manufactured by IPCA laboratories in India which brand it under the name of HCQs tablet. Each tablet of HCQ has 200 mg of Hydroxychloroquine sulfate, which is the medicine’s active ingredient.
The drug is only available for those with a prescription for medicine. The medicine helps people with plenty of issues, including malaria. When you are suffering from a problem and want to buy medicine, go through the details below. It is going to help you with information essential for medicine consumption.
Mechanism of action
The mechanism of action differs according to the issue you are taking medicine for. When you are using the medicine for malaria infection, then the main task of medicine is to stop the malarial infection from spreading in the body.
When you take medicine, it will reach the lungs where the malarial parasite plasmodium is present. It will enter that parasite’s body and stop its multiplication process.
You will notice that the symptoms of malaria infection slowly drop down because the infection-causing organism is getting weak. After that, the immune system will remove the left infection from the body.
On the other hand, when a person is using the medicine for the issue of autoimmune disease, then it will work differently.
The drug will enter the body, and salt will reach out to the immune system. It stops the actions taken by the immune system in the body. This will automatically stop the immune system’s attack on the muscles and tissues of the body. When the immune system starts to recognize the difference between your own and a foreign body, you can stop the consumption of medicine.
Common side effects
When you take this chemical substance, you might notice a few side effects in the body. These side effects are-
- When the medicine kicks inside the body, you might notice the common effects of headache and nausea.
- Due to the medicine, you might notice cloudiness in front of your eyes. It can affect your vision temporarily.
- When you are using the medicine, then the issues of dizziness and drowsiness are also very common.
- The medicine can also adversely impact the body, like stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea.
- When you are using the medicine, then it might make your muscles pain.
- You will notice weakness in your body due to the medicine consumption.
- When you are using the medicine, then your appetite might decrease.
- People using the medicine will notice swelling in their facial muscles and throat. This can make the process of breathing difficult.
- Sore throat and cough are also issues that will happen in your body due to the medicine.
- One might notice issues of chills and tremble due to the medicine.
- When you are using the medicine, your heartbeat might become irregular.
- The medicine is also going to impact your blood pressure. It will increase.
Alternative dosing strategies
The physician will decide how many doses of HCQs 200 mg or HCQs 400 mg one should consume. They will check the level of issue you are suffering from and then decide the quantity for you. It is either two in a day or two.
Following are the tips that you should follow when taking medicine. It will boost the working of medicine and save your body from any side effects-
- A person should always take medicine as a whole tablet. If you break or chew the medicine, it might not work correctly.
- You should consume the medicine with a glassful of water. It will make your pill swallowing easy.
- You should not take medicine with any food item. It should be either one hour before your meal or two hours after. It is best for boosting the working of the drug.
- Take medicine on the same day at the same time every week when you are using it for prevention.
- You should not take alcohol when using the HCQs 200 mg medicine.
- If you miss the dose of the medicine, then you should take it within the next 12 hours. It will make up for the medicine that you have missed.
- If you consume an overdose of the medicine, then it can harm your body in various unexpected ways. You should ask for help from your physician in this case.
- You should stop consuming junk food for a few days when taking medicine.
Diagnosis and management overview
You will notice positive results within a few days when you use the medicine. But if you notice that side effects frequently occur, you should consult your physician. They will diagnose why side effects are happening in your body and then suggest a way of managing those effects. It can be a slight change in your dose, the food you eat, the time you take medicine, etc.
Moreover, the physician suggests that you take plenty of water with the drug when taking medication. It controls the side effects.
Hydroxychloroquine (HCQS) Sulphate Uses and Benefits
There are plenty of reasons why a person should use hydroxychloroquine sulphate medicine. They are-
- When a person is suffering from the issue of malaria, then this medicine can help. A person must also consume this medicine with other medications when they suffer from the issue.
- People can also take medicine to prevent the issue of malaria from happening. When a person is willing to travel to an area where the chances of malaria are high, they should take medicine. It will not allow the malarial infection to enter the body and start expanding.
- The medicine helps people who are suffering from rheumatic arthritis. It is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the body’s muscles. Due to this, pain occurs in the joints. When a person takes medicine, the immune system stops performing its activities. This way, the attack on the body’s muscles and joints will stop, and the body will get relief from pain. This issue affects the knee joints in most cases. After that, the effect will occur on the joints of the arms.
- Lupus is an issue in which the immune system attacks the tissues and organs in the body, causing inflammation. When you use the medicine, then the inflammation will fade away slowly.