Ivermectin 6 mg
The Ivermectin 6 mg medicine is an anthelmintic or antiparasitic class action of the medicine. In India, the IPCA Laboratories completes the task of manufacturing the medicine and selling it under the brand name Iverheal. In each tablet, you will find 6 mg of Ivermectin salt, a primary ingredient of the medicine.
The main task of medicine is to relieve the human body from the issues of roundworms they are suffering from. The medicine helps people from a wide range of roundworm infections that a person commonly suffers from. It is a prescription-based medicine available for those with roundworm infection and a prescription from a registered physician.
If you are suffering from any roundworm infection, you should read the vital information about the medicine. That information is available below for your ease. Go through it thoroughly, as it will help you during your medicine consumption journey. People also use Ivermectin 12, and Ivermectin 3 mg.
Ivermectin 6 mg Uses
As we have studied above, Ivermectin 6 mg medicine helps a person in resolving roundworm infections. A list of a few issues that the medicine is going to resolve are-
- The medicine helps people who are suffering from the issue of scabies. In this issue, a person notices rashes and redness on their skin. Apart from that, the skin will show signs of roundworms beneath it through holes in the body. Due to these issues, a person might notice continuous itching on their skin. When a person consumes this medicine, they get relief from the symptoms of scabies. The issues might take a few months to resolve completely.
- The medicine is also going to help a person who is suffering from the issue of onchocerciasis, which is a pink eye infection. This redness takes over the eyes of a person. This is going to cause blindness, also. When a person consumes the medicine, the redness fades away slowly, and the eyes of the person get normal.
- The medicine is going to treat the issue of lice infection also. In this issue, a person will also notice itching in the head and hair fall. It happens because the lice suck the blood out of the person’s skin. But with medicine consumption, you will get some relief from the issue easily.
- There is an issue named strongyloidiasis that infects the intestine of the person. The infecting agent might live in your body for a few years, also causing pain and indigestion. But after you start taking medicine, relief from the symptom occurs. Also, within a few weeks, the worm will leave your body.
- There is an issue by the name of Filariasis, which happens due to a roundworm. In this issue, one side of the human body starts swelling up, causing an imbalance in the body. When you take medicine, the body slowly and, with time, into its normal shape.
WHY DO YOU NEED IVERMECTIN 6 MG FOR SCABIES AND FILARIASIS?
When the scabies infection happens in your body, then it has the potential to live for more than seven years in your body. Due to this reason, a few people also call this issue a 7-year itch. Now imagine your body having an infection for seven long years, causing itching and rashes in your body along with bruising.
Now, consumption and application of Ivermectin 6 mg side by side is the only solution to this issue which is easy to apply. That is, when a physician diagnoses an issue of scabies in the body of the person, they suggest the application of Ivermectin 6 mg as soon as possible.
Common Worms Found In Humans
If we consider the human body, then various worms are present in the body. Different worms in the body of humans are pinworms, hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms. Different kinds of worm cause different issues in the body of the person. Out of these four kinds of worms, roundworms are the one that infects the person mostly. They also reach our bodies through various modes like air, water, flies, and food.
Common Diseases Transmitted By Flies
Flies are the biggest carrier of infections in the human body. One roundworm also enters our body with the help of flies. The name of that infection is Filariasis, and its causal organism is Wuchereria bancrofti.
Dosage Ivermectin 6 mg
The physician will help a person decide the dose of the medicine they should consume. There are a few factors that are going to help a person decide the dose-
· The medicine consumption depends on the age of the person. Humans who are below 13 years and above 65 years of age can not take medicine.
· The weight of a person also helps in deciding the dose. According to weight, a person can take 200mcg/kg of salt in one dose.
· The number of doses a person needs to consume depends on the issue and its level in the person’s body. The physician will get a few tests done and provide you with a prescription.
A Brief History of Ivermectin
If we look at history then, medicine was discovered earlier for animals. In 1971, Merck manufactured the medicine for the first time. In 1981, they started the research in which they used ivermectin for the issue of Filariasis. The results were remarkable, and in 1987 they officially launched the medicine.
If you miss the dose of the medicine, then the roundworm will again start growing in your body. Their number will again increase, so we suggest you make up for the dose.
If the physician has recommended you take one dose in a day, you can make up the dose if 12 hours are left for the next dose. If the time is less, you should leave the dose on that day and focus on the upcoming dose.
Precautions and warnings
When you are taking medicine, then you should follow some warning and preventive measures that are present in the list below-
- When you are visiting the physician, then you must share with them all the details. It will help them to ensure that you stay safe while taking medicine.
- When you are using the Ivermectin 6 mg medicine, then don’t take alcohol and marijuana. It would help if you did not consume tobacco and grapefruit juice also.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, don’t take medicine. It can harm your smaller one.
- It would help if you had an empty stomach when you are using the medicine.
- You should
- not take medicine if you have heart or kidney disease.