Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml is a medicine with an ophthalmic medication known as Bimatoprost that is used to treat the increased pressure on your eyes, which may lead to an illness known as Glaucoma.
Glaucoma is a disease that can damage the optic nerve, and if not treated, then that may also cause an abnormally increased pressure on the eyes. It increases the aqueous humour and reduces the pressure on the eyes.
The medicine is suitable for children and adults and can also be used in combination with other eye medicine, reducing pressure from the eyes. If you are using the medicine, then you have to consult the doctor and follow the instructions that they have given.[presto_player id=12903]
How to use Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml?
Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml is for external use only, and you should take it in the dosage and duration advised by the doctor. You can even check the label for directions before using it.
Hold the dropper near the eyes, but it should not touch them. Then squeeze the dropper gently, put the medicine inside the lower eyelid, and wipe off the liquid around the eyes.
How does Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml work?
Careprost Eyes Drop increases the aqueous humour’s outflow, which helps reduce the pressure from your eyes.
Benefits of Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml
In Careprost Eyes Drops, you can find Bimatoprost, also known as the Prostaglandin analogue. People use it to treat the pressure on the eyes. With this, the production of aqueous humour (a type of fluid in the eye) reduces the pressure from your eyes.
It is essential to reduce that pressure from the eye; otherwise, it may lead to Glaucoma. If the pressure is too high, then that will lead to sight loss. This medicine should be put only in the eye which is infected.
One should use the medicine as directed by the doctor. You should never overdose on it because it may have several consequences. Before you use this drop, it is crucial to wash your eyes properly and remove the contact lenses.
If anyone has accidentally used more Careprost Eyes drops, it is crucial to rinse them off with water. If you face any irritation, then you must consult with the doctor and take advice.
When you miss the dose of Careprost Eyes Drops, then it will be better to skip it and then continue with the normal schedule. Never double the dose.
- Eyes redness
- Changes in and around the eyes
- Eye irritation, pain or itching
- Dry eye
- Darker skin color around the eye
- Longer eyelashes
- Tired eye
- Light sensitivity
- Increased tear production
- Loss of eyelashes
- Blurry vision
- Crusting on the eyelid edge
- Itching and swelling of the eyelid
How to manage side effects?
- Dry Eyes- If your eyes are drying continuously, you should wash them with water frequently. Along with that, you should drink plenty of liquid.
- Eyes itching or irritation- It can be resolved if you will wash your eyes with cold water. You can even use an ice pack on the eyes which will help you get some relief from irritation. You should not strain your eyes and not use laptops, TV or mobile phone. Even if you are going outside, you should wear protective eyeglasses.
Precautions and warnings
- Pregnancy- Before using CAREPROST, it is essential to inform your doctor about your pregnancy and even if you are considering becoming pregnant.
- Breastfeeding- Women who are breastfeeding are not supposed to use Careprost as it may pass to the child through breast milk.
- Kidney- Patients who have any kidney disease should not use this medication. Or, it will be better if you consult with a doctor first.
- Liver- Patients who are facing any liver disease should use it with caution and consult with the doctor before using it.
- Driving and using a machine- It is not advised to the person to operate any heavy tools or machines because a person may have a blurry effect and some disturbance in the visual after using this medication.
- Allergy- You should not use this medication if allergic to Bimatoprost.
- Hurt disease-Heart Patients should use this medication after taking consultation with a doctor.
- Other- One should inform and consult with the doctor you –
- Have dry eye
- Had cataract surgery
- Wear contact lenses
- Had any type of infection
- Had or had problem with the cornea
- Drug-Drug Interaction- Careprost Eyes Drops may interact with other drugs or medications such as tafluprost, unoprostone, travoprost and latanoprost.
- Durg-Food Interaction- Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml also interact with some other food or non-prescription medication, nutritional supplements, herbal products and vitamins which you are planning to take or are already taking.
- Drug-Disease Interaction – The person should tell their doctor if they have kidney or liver disease, macular oedema, and uveitis.
- Keep this medication out of reach of children
- Store it below 25-degree Celsius
Is using Careprost Eyes Drops cause dry eyes?
Yes, when you use Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml, that may cause dry eyes as it is one of its side-effects. If you are experiencing dry eyes, then it is advised to wash your eyes frequently. The person should drink plenty of water and other fluids such as juices and stay hydrated. However, if dryness is severe, you should consult the doctor.
Can you stop using Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml without consulting the doctor?
No, never! A person should never stop using Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml without consulting the doctor as the pressure in the eyes may rise. If you are feeling good and thinking about stopping using this medication, it is better to go to the doctor and consult with them.
Will Careprost Eyes Drop 3 ml increase hair growth on the body?
Along with treating Glaucoma, you can also use this medication to improve eyelash growth due to an increase in blood supply around the area near the eye.
What to do if it forgets to take a dose?
If you have missed a dose of Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml, it is essential to take it whenever you remember it. But you should also keep one thing in mind if it is already time for the next dose, you should skip the missed one; otherwise, there will be some consequences. Never take double doses.
Is it safe to use Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml?
Yes, using Careprost Eyes Drops 3 ml is safe for the person. However, if you have any problem related to the kidneys or liver, or if you are pregnant, then make sure you consult with the doctor once.
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed qualified physician, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.