What is Caverta 100?
Caverta 100 is a PDE type 5 inhibitor class action of medicine that helps patients with erectile dysfunction. When you use the medicine, it will suppress the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, softer erections and premature ejaculation.
The main aim of using the medicine is to get rid of the symptoms for a few hours so that a person can enjoy their sexual activity satisfactorily.
It is a dark red tablet that is squarish in shape.
The active ingredient present in the tablet is Sildenafil citrate, and each tablet accommodates 100 mg of it. The medicine manufacturer is Sun Pharmaceuticals, which packs the medicine in a strip of 4 tablets. It is an FDA-approved medicine you can get if you have a prescription for the tablet.
|Caverta 100 quick information|
|Prescription Required?||Yes, Prescription Is compulsory.|
|FDA Pregnancy Category:||Category B|
|Habit Forming:||Not habit-forming|
|Chemical Class:||Benzenesulfonamide Derivative|
|Action Class:||PDE-5 inhibitors|
|Sleepiness:||May cause sleepiness|
|Schedule:||Schedule H Medicine|
|Expires on or after:||June, 2024|
Uses of Caverta 100 mg
- You can use the medicine to have satisfactory intercourse during erectile dysfunction issues. The medicine will suppress the symptoms for a few hours.
- The medicine also helps patients with Pulmonary hypertension .
How does Caverta 100 mg work?
The medicine starts working by entering the blood vessels where PDE type 5 is present and blocking it. This will relax the blood vessels so that blood can easily enter the penis, and an erection happens. After that, the salt and cGMP will block blood inside the penis for a few hours.
It will help a person to stay active during intercourse for longer. This way, the medicine helps suppress the issues of premature ejaculation and softer erections for a few hours. A person regularly using the medicine can start experiencing sexual satisfaction also.
How to take the Caverta 100?
- Take medicine as a whole without breaking or chewing it.
- It would be best to swallow the medicine with a glassful of water.
- Take medicine before your meal and ensure that you only consume healthy food.
- The medicine requires it to enter your body half an hour before intercourse.
The physician is going to decide whether you are safe to use the medicine or not. Also, they will decide the amount of dose you should consume. It can be either one or two based on the issues you face in your body.
If you use the medicine to overdose, it can give rise to side effects in your body. You should visit your physician; they will help eliminate any effects you are facing in your body.
- Missed Dose
If you miss the medicine dose, it will not cause any problems. You can skip it or make up for it as per your needs.
- Caverta 25
- Caverta 50 mg
Substitute of it
Side Effects of Caverta 100
Seek urgent medical help for the side effects listed below.
Uncommon side effects:
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- Priapism (painful erections)
- Painful urination.
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
Rare side effects:
- Decreased volume or frequency of urination.
- Chest pains.
- Changes in vision.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Fever or chills.
- Feeling of something in the eye.
- Similar behavior changes to that of intoxication.
- Unusual weakness or fatigue.
- Unusual sensation of burning or stinging on the skin.
- Severe or continuing nausea.
- Breast enlargement.
- Stress or nervousness.
- Heightened thirst.
Less significant side effects of Caverta 100.
Side effects commonly reported by patients:
- Nasal bleeding.
- Nasal congestion or runny nose.
- Discomfort and tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones.
- Muscular aches and pains.
Infrequent side effects:
- Poor coordination.
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Enlargement of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs.
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Diarrhea or cramps (severe or ongoing).
- Difficulty breathing.
- Asthma worsening.
- Paleness of the skin.
- The medicine interacts negatively with nitrate-based medicines .
- You should not consume alpha-blockers with Caverta medicine.
- Never use Riociguat medicine when using Caverta.
- The medicine interacts negatively with any heart problem that you might have, no matter if it is small or big.
- If you are feeling nauseated, then you should not use the medicine.
- Never use the medicine if you are feeling dizzy.
- You should not take alcohol and marijuana with the medicine.
- Never consume junk food when you are taking medicine.
- You must stop using tobacco when taking medicine.
Warnings & Precautions:
- When you use the medicine, ensure you never consume alcohol or marijuana. They can completely stop the medicine’s working and induce major side effects in your body.
- When you first visit the physician, you should share all the issues you have with your physician, including your medical history . It is to ensure that you are safe to use the medicine.
- The medicine is completely unsafe for you if you are a heart patient. It can even lead to heart attacks in the worst case possible.
- Never drive or operate any heavy machinery if you are using the medicine. It is completely unsafe because the medicine will induce side effects in your eyes.
- Women are not recommended to consume the medicine as it can be unsafe for them.
- Always store the medicine in a place that is dark and dry.
- You should never store the medicine at a high temperature. The optimum temperature will be below 28 degrees Celsius.
- Always remember that the medicine never gets exposed to direct sunlight. It can degrade the medicine quality.
- Store the medicine on a top shelf. This will keep them away from kids and pets as it is dangerous for them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does Caverta 100 mg take to work?
The medicine only takes 30-60 minutes to show its action if you are sexually aroused. This is the specification of Sildenafil citrate salt present in the medicine.
Who is the manufacturer of Caverta 100 mg?
Sun Pharmaceuticals is the manufacturer of the Caverta 100 mg medicine.
What to do if there are any side effects?
Contact your physician and ask for help in case of any side effects of the medicine. They find the reason and then suggest changes that can help eliminate side effects.
Can I take Caverta 100 mg of medicine as often as I want?
No, you can only take medicine according to the time decided by your physician. Also, you should never exceed your dose, as it can lead to an overdose.
When should I take the Caverta 100 mg Tablet?
You have to take medicine 30 minutes before you have decided the time for your intercourse. This way, you will be ready with your erection when it is time to have sex.
What If You Forget To Take Caverta 100 mg Tablet?
If you forget to take the Caverta medicine and want intercourse, you must make up. You should consume the dose if at least 12 hours are left for the next dose. If you want to skip intercourse, you can skip the medicine, as it will not create any problems.
Who can use Caverta 100 mg?
Caverta 100 mg is an FDA-approved medicine, and they approve it for use in erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia , lower libido and pulmonary hypertension. Also, you can only use the medicine if the physician marks you safe to use it.
Is smoking safe after taking Caverta 100 mg?
No, smoking is not safe after or before you take Caverta 100 mg. If you are smoking regularly, it will contract the blood vessels and deposit the remains in the vessels. This way, you will not benefit from using the medicine as the erections will be soft.
Other Prescribed Options
- Sildenafil Interactions: Drugs.com. Available online:
- Drugs Approved by Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation: Drug Name, Strength, Indication. Available online:
- Definition & Facts for Erectile Dysfunction: niddk.nih.gov. Available online:
- Sildenafil (Oral Route) Side Effects: Mayoclinic.org. Available online:
- Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Available online:
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.