What is Caverta 25 mg?
Caverta 25 mg is a pde type 5 inhibitor class of medicine which contains Sildenafil citrate as a primary ingredient. The physician suggests medicine to patients with entry-level erectile dysfunction problems.
The benefit of using the medicine is that it will suppress the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, which allows a person to enjoy satisfactory intercourse. The symptom that happen in the case of erectile dysfunction is softer erections.
Caverta 25 mg is a red tablet with biconvex in shape and contains 25 mg of Sildenafil citrate salt. The medicine manufacturer is Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, which also handles marketing the medicine.
If we talk about the medicine, then it is an FDA-approved medicine which you can buy with the help of a prescription. If you have the prescription, the best way to buy the medicine is from the Medzpills website.
Uses of Caverta 25 mg
- The main reason for which the physician prescribes the medicine is erectile dysfunction. The medicine suppresses the symptoms, which allows a person to have satisfactory intercourse, which they miss. The action of the medicine is temporary.
- People who are facing issues of Pulmonary Hypertension can also use the Sildenafil citrate medicine. but under a different brand name (Revatio) and with different dosing.
The benefit of using the medicine is sexual satisfaction. Due to erectile dysfunction, a male is unable to perform sexually well. Due to this, male and their partners start feeling sexually dissatisfied. But the use of medicine allows them to have satisfactory satisfying intercourse. Due to this, the levels of satisfaction increase in both partners.
How does Caverta 25 mg work?
The medicine works by dissolving the salt, which will enter the blood vessels. The salt will start the search to pde type 5 in the vessels and block them. This will give rise to a natural vasodilator, cGMP. The blood vessels start to relax and when you are sexually aroused, blood starts flowing inside the penis. You will gain a harder erection which is enough for satisfying sex.
Increased levels of cGMP promote smooth muscle relaxation, leading to increased blood flow into the penis. You will stay erect for longer this way. This way, the medicine helps temporarily suppress the symptoms. The medicine will stay active in your body for 4-5 hours to have intercourse.
How to take the Caverta 25 mg?
- You have to change your habits of consuming junk food when using medicine. Switch to a healthy diet.
- You should never chew, bite or grind the tablet. Consume it directly out of the strip. If needed, use a glassful of water to swallow the medicine.
- Take medicine half an hour before intercourse so that it can show proper action.
- After taking medicine, you will not get the results until you are sexually aroused.
The dose of medicine you require will depend on your body. That is why you need to visit the physician who will decide your dose and safety. Follow the specific dosage instructions provided by your healthcare professional, as Caverta 25 mg is taken on an as-needed basis, not daily
If you use the medicine to overdose, then some side effects might appear. You should contact your physician if the side effects appear to get out of control. They will help you get rid of those bad impacts.
- Stomach ache
- Muscle pain
- Swelling and weakness in muscles
- Sore throat
- Blurriness in front of eyes
- Ringing in the ears
- Elongated erections
For a comprehensive list of potential side effects, please refer to the Sildenafil Citrate side effects page.
Warnings & Precautions
- You should be completely transparent about your medical history with the physician. They will ensure your safety with this information.
- You should avoid driving and operating heavy machinery as much as possible to ensure your safety. There are high chances of accidents because of the side effects.
- Nitrate-based medicines
- Alpha Blocker tablets
- Cardiac Insufficiency
- Heart Problems
- High blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice
- Junk food
- Food with high-fat content
For a comprehensive list of interactions, please refer to the Sildenafil Citrate interaction page.
- Store the medicine at a temperature which is between 15-30 degrees Celsius (59-86 degrees Fahrenheit).
- You should choose a place which is completely dark and dry. Moisture and sunlight can degrade the medicine quality.
- You should never let your kids or pets come near medicine as it harms their bodies.
Potential Drug Substitutes
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does Caverta 25 mg take to work?
After you use the medicine, it will take 20-25 minutes to show its action in your body. This time might increase according to the levels of issues in your body. Also, you will only see the results if you are involved in sexually arousing activities.
Who can use Caverta 25 mg?
According to the FDA, people with erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, benign prostatic hyperplasia, lower libido and pulmonary hypertension can use the medicine. But to use the medicine, you first require a prescription.
Who is the manufacturer of Caverta 25 mg?
The medicine Caverta 25 mg is the product of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. They also manufacture other medicine strengths, which physicians will prescribe per the requirement.
What to do if there are any side effects?
If there are any side effects of the medicine, then you have to find the root cause of the issues and try to improve that cause. If you still do not find out what the case is, then you must consult your physician. They will help you in getting rid of those side effects.
Can I take Caverta 25 mg of medicine as often as I want?
No, you can not take medicine as often as you want. The physician will fix a dose for you, and you should always stick to that dose. If you take it more often than major side effects might occur.
When should I take a Caverta 25 mg Tablet?
For best results, you should take medicine 25-30 minutes before you want to have intercourse. Also, you can skip the dose if you are unwilling to have intercourse.
What If You Forget To Take Caverta 25 Mg Tablet?
If you forget to take medicine, you can make up for it. But if you don't want to have sex, then you can simply miss the dose. But people who want sex should take it as soon as possible.
Is smoking safe after taking Caverta 25 mg?
No, smoking is completely unsafe when you are using medicine. That is why you need to give it up slowly to get the best results.
The following sources were used as references to obtain information about the Caverta 25 medicine:
- Mayo Clinic’s website on Sildenafil oral route
- FDA’s label for VIAGRA® (sildenafil citrate) tablets for oral use
- Harvard Health Publishing’s article “Viagra and health: Beyond ED”
- Drugs.com’s page on Sildenafil interactions
- A study on Sildenafil (Viagra) and the heart published on PubMed Central
- VIAGRA® (sildenafil citrate) tablets, for oral use
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.