What is Cenforce 100?
Cenforce 100 is a generic version of Viagra, formulated to provide temporary relief from erectile dysfunction (ED). Manufactured by Centurion Laboratories, each pack contains ten light sea-blue, oval-shaped tablets. The active ingredient in Cenforce 100 mg is Sildenafil Citrate, with each tablet containing 100 mg of this compound. The pill lasts for 3-4 hours in the body.
How Does Cenforce Work?
Cenforce 100 mg focuses on providing temporary relief from sexual dissatisfaction by allowing men to engage in passionate sexual intercourse, ultimately boosting sexual satisfaction.
The medication first dissolves in the body, then the active ingredient enters the blood vessels and reaches the lower abdomen area. Here, it deactivates PDE5, leading to blood vessel dilation and increased blood flow to the penis. The resulting erection is harder than a normal erection.
Cenforce 100 mg also addresses premature ejaculation by activating cGMP with the help of Sildenafil citrate. cGMP helps withhold the erection for an extended period, as it blocks blood from leaving the penis too quickly. This improves sexual performance, restoring confidence and increasing libido levels.
Sildenafil citrate, or Cenforce 100, may interact with various medications, foods, and medical conditions.
- PDE5 inhibitor medications (e.g., Tadalafil, Vardenafil, Avanafil)
- Nitrate-based medications
- Alpha-blocker medications (a 3-4 hour gap between Sildenafil and alpha-blockers is advised)
- Amyl nitrite
- Isosorbide dinitrate
- Isosorbide mononitrate
- Hearing Loss
- Seizure Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Liver-Related Disease
- Renal Dysfunction
- Pulmonary Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa (Night Blindness)
- Alcohol (Ethanol): Cenforce may lower blood pressure, and alcohol can intensify this effect.
- Grapefruit (and Juice): Grapefruit may delay the time it takes for the medication to work.
Dosage and Directions for Use
The dosage of Cenforce 100 mg varies depending on the severity of the individual’s condition. A physician will determine the appropriate dose. Follow these steps to use the medication correctly:
- Take the medicine with a glass of water to swallow it easily.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet, as this can reduce its effectiveness.
- For optimal results, take the medicine 30 minutes before sexual activity.
- Be mindful of your diet after taking the medication. Consume light and healthy meals, avoiding junk food.
- Read User review of Cenforce 100 here: https://medzpills.com/user-review-for-cenforce-100-mg/
Some potential side effects may occur after taking Cenforce 100 mg:
As with any medication, Cenforce 100 may cause side effects. Common adverse reactions include headaches, flushing, dizziness and indigestion – usually mild and typically lasting less than an hour – however rare side effects include vision changes, hearing loss or even priapism (an unpleasant erection lasting over four hours) for which immediate medical advice must be sought immediately.
The possible side effects that might happen in the body of the person after taking medicine are-
- Prolonged erection lasting longer than 4 hours, which can be painful. Consult a
- physician in such cases.
- Nausea, dizziness, and drowsiness
- Muscle pain
- Increased heartbeat and blood pressure
- Stomach issues, such as vomiting and diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
- Weakness and tiredness
- Sleep disturbances
- Joint pain
- Sudden loss or decrease in hearing
- Painful erection
- Itching or burning sensation when urinating
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Mood changes
- Irregular heartbeat
- Nosebleed (Epistaxis)
- Put it in a closed container.
- Away from the heat, moisture, and direct light
- At room temperature
- Please keep it away from children and pets who may think it’s food.
What Not to Do
- Drinking alcohol while taking cenforce can result in side effects
- It is best to avoid grapefruit products.
Brand names for Cenforce 100
- Viagra: for ED
- Revatio: for pulmonary arterial hypertension
Other Prescribed Medicine
Precautions and warnings
It is important to consult with a healthcare provider before taking Cenforce 100, as the medication may not be safe for everyone. Precautions and warnings include:
Men with certain health conditions should avoid taking Cenforce 100, such as heart disease, low blood pressure, liver or kidney diseases and certain eye disorders.
Cenforce 100 should not be combined with nitrates or other sources of nitric oxide as this could cause a sudden decrease in blood pressure. Furthermore, certain other medications including alpha-blockers and protease inhibitors should also not be taken at the same time as Cenforce 100.
Cenforce 100 may interact with certain other medications used to treat HIV or fungal infections. Before beginning Cenforce 100 therapy, inform your healthcare provider of all medicines taken, including those used to treat HIV.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Cenforce 100 should not be used by pregnant or nursing women.
- You should discuss every little detail about the issue and medical history with the physician. It is essential for safety assurance.
- You should not take medicine if you are sexually inactive and have crossed the age of 70.
- People who are taking medications should maintain a distance from alcohol and marijuana.
- Store the medicine at a certain height where kids and pets can not reach it.
Q1: How long does Sildenafil 100 mg (Cenforce) last?
- The medication lasts for 3-4 hours in the body.
Q2: Is Cenforce 100 the same as Viagra?
- There are a few differences that a person is going to notice between Cenforce 100 mg and Viagra. The first difference is the physical appearance, and the next is the pricing.
- The price of Viagra is a little on the higher end, so not everyone can afford the medicine easily. That is why many other companies took the initiative of using the same Sildenafil salt and manufacturing a cheaper version of Viagra.
Q3: Does Sildenafil cause strong erections?
- Yes, When the blood vessels dilate, the blood flow to the penis increases. This way, the erection that a person achieves is harder than usual.
Q4: What happens if you have an erection for more than 4 hours?
- When a person consumes the medicine, the erection stays for 3-4 hours. It is a standard time, according to the manufacturer and the physician. But in a few cases, the erection lasts more than 4 hours. This can be an issue of discomfort.
- Moreover, such erections might also turn out to be painful. According to the manufacturer, you should directly report such cases to your physician.
Q5: Do you need a prescription for generic Sildenafil?
- A prescription is required to purchase branded Sildenafil (Viagra) or generic versions like Cenforce.
Q6: Can you drink alcohol with Sildenafil?
- Alcohol consumption is not recommended while taking Sildenafil, as it can cause dizziness.
- Boshier A, Wilton LV, Shakir SA. Evaluation of the safety of Sildenafil for male erectile dysfunction: experience gained in general practice use in England in 1999. BJU Int. 2004;93:796–801. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Eardley I, Wright P, MacDonagh R, et al. An open-label, randomized, flexible-dose, crossover study to assess the comparative efficacy and safety of sildenafil citrate and apomorphine hydrochloride in men with erectile dysfunction. BJU Int. 2004;93:1271–5. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Moore HM, Drucker NA, Hosfield BD, Shelley WC, Markel TA.J Surg Res. 2020 Feb;246:512-518. doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2019.09.037. Epub 2019 Oct 17.
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.