Fildena 50 is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. It contains an active ingredient called sildenafil citrate, which belongs to a class of drugs known as phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors.
How to take this medicine?
- Take medicine when you have an empty stomach. So, if you take medicine after a meal, keep the one-hour gap.
- You must take medicine as a whole pill inside your body which means swallowing the medicine.
- Don’t chew, break or grind the medicine so that you can take it easy. This causes the process of absorption difficult in the body.
- You should always consume light food when you are using the medicine. It will boost the working of the medicine.
Fildena 50 mg side effects
Following are the side effects of the medicine that you will notice when you are taking medication-
- You can notice a headache in your body due to the consumption of the tablet and nausea. When both issues get out of control, vomiting will happen.
- Pain in the stomach and diarrhea might also arise when taking medicine.
- You will notice that your appetite also decreases due to the medicine consumption .
- You will notice cloudiness in front of your eyes when consuming the medicine. This will affect your vision also.
- Swelling of your facial muscles and throat is common. Along with that issue of a sore throat might also happen.
- When you take medicine, you will also notice muscle pain and weakness in your body.
- Due to the Fildena 50 , your body might also show unnecessary tiredness.
- You will notice an irregularity in your heartbeat due to the medicine.
- After taking medicine,some people notice long erections. These erections turn painful after a few hours.
For a comprehensive list of potential side effects, please refer to the Sildenafil Citrate side effects page .
Interactions of Fildena 50
For detailed information on the interactions of Fildena 50 with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Fildena 50 and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Fildena 50
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of sildenafil
- Increased risk of side effects
Fildena 50 and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Fildena 50 drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Nitroglycerin (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Minitran, Nitro-Bid, Rectiv, GoNitro)
- Delavirdine (Rescriptor)
- Avanafil (Stendra)
- Amyl Nitrite
- Lonafarnib (Zokinvy)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Amprenavir (Agenerase)
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
Moderate drug interactions
Fildena 50 disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptomsof PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
When taking medicine, you must also follow some prevention measures. They will ensure that your body is safe and the drug also works properly in the body.
- Your physician should know everything about your allergies and past medical issues . This will help them ensure that your body stays safe after taking medicine.
- It would help if you did not depend on alcohol and marijuana after taking medicine.
- People suffering from heart disease must never take the Fildena 50 mg medicine.
- Don’t take medicine if you are already consuming alpha-blockers or nitrate-based drugs.
Steps that one should take if the medicine is not working
You should visit your physician if the medicine is not working in your body. They will find out the reason for the non-working of medicine.
Other Prescribed Options
- Fildena 150
- Fildena Professional 100
- Fildena Super Active
- Fildena xxx
- Cenforce 100 mg
- Fildena 100 mg
The following sources were used as references to obtain information about the Fildena 50 medicine:
- Mayo Clinic’s website on Sildenafil oral route
- FDA’s label for VIAGRA® (sildenafil citrate) tablets for oral use
- Harvard Health Publishing’s article “Viagra and health: Beyond ED”
- Drugs.com’s page on Sildenafil interactions
- A study on Sildenafil (Viagra) and the heart published on PubMed Central
- VIAGRA® (sildenafil citrate) tablets, for oral use
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information . This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.
There are no reviews yet.