What is Fildena 50 mg?
Fildena 50 mg is a male sexual wellness drug that helps patients with erectile dysfunction. It is a situation in which a male is unable to gain a harder erection when they are sexually aroused. It leads to unsatisfactory intercourse, which causes problems like declining sexual satisfaction and libido levels.
The medicine helps suppress the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, allowing a person to have satisfactory intercourse. Fildena 50mg is an Indian product manufactured by Fortune Healthcare. The manufacturer packs the medicine in a blister pack of 10 purple and triangular tablets.
Each tablet contains 50 mg of Sildenafil Citrate as an active pharmaceutical ingredient. The API falls in the PDE type5 inhibitor class action of medicine for which a person requires a prescription. That is why visiting the physician and discussing the issue is mandatory.
Uses of Fildena 50 mg
- Erectile dysfunction is the main reason why physicians provide the prescription for Fildena.
- The physician also prescribes the medicine to Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Benefits of Fildena 50 mg
- The first benefit of using the medicine is gaining a harder erection. It is very important for having satisfactory intercourse.
- Noticing an increase in sexual satisfaction and libido levels is also a benefit of using Fildena medicine.
- Bringing the blood pressure under control and maintaining it to normal is also a benefit of using Fildena 50mg.
- Getting rid of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension symptoms is also a benefit of using Fildena.
How does Fildena 50 mg work?
The main principle of the medicine is to suppress the activities of PDE type5 in the body. It is a hormone released by the body to ensure that a person’s heart is completely safe. Now, there are several activities men perform, like living a stressful life, not having enough physical activity, consuming only junk food, etc., that pose a threat to the heart.
In any of the above cases, the body releases PDE type5, a hormone, inside the blood vessels. It will stop the release of cGMP, which is a vasodilator. Soon, the blood vessels carrying blood towards the penis start contracting.
When a person is sexually aroused, blood does not reach the penis in adequate amounts leading to softer erections and erectile dysfunction. When a person consumes the medicine, Sildenafil dissolves inside the body and starts to enter the blood vessels to block the actions of PDE type5.
It will activate the release of cGMP again, which starts dilating the blood vessels. More blood is able to reach the penis in this way when a person is sexually aroused, leading to a harder erection. It will help a male have satisfactory intercourse.
The dose of Fildena 50mg that a person needs to consume to get the best result is decided by the physician. They first need to ensure whether a person is safe to use the medicine. For that, they need to know the details about the medical history of the patient.
After that, the physician considers the level of erectile dysfunction issue. It helps them decide whether a patient needs one dose per day or two.
How to take this medicine?
- Take medicine when you have an empty stomach. So, if you take medicine after a meal, keep the one-hour gap.
- You must take medicine as a whole pill inside your body which means swallowing the medicine.
- Don’t chew, break or grind the medicine so that you can take it easy. This causes the process of absorption difficult in the body.
- You should always consume light food when you are using the medicine. It will boost the working of the medicine.
Fildena 50 mg side effects
Urgent medical attention is required for the side effects listed below.
Uncommon side effects:
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
- Painful urination.
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Priapism (painful erections)
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
Rare side effects:
- Similar behavior changes to that of intoxication.
- Severe or continuing nausea.
- Decreased volume or frequency of urination.
- Heightened thirst.
- Stress or nervousness.
- Feeling of something in the eye.
- Twitching of the muscles.
- Changes in vision.
- Unusual weakness or fatigue.
- Expansion of the pupil.
- Sensitivity to light.
Non-serious side effects of Fildena 50 mg
Side effects frequently encountered:
- Discomfort and tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones.
- Unusually warm skin.
- Nasal bleeding.
- Nasal congestion or runny nose.
Infrequent side effects:
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Asthma worsening.
- Diarrhea or cramps (severe or ongoing).
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Poor coordination.
- Paleness of the skin.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Enlargement of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs.
Interactions of Fildena 50
For detailed information on the interactions of Fildena 50 with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Fildena 50 and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Fildena 50
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of Fildena 50 mg
- Increased risk of side effects
Fildena 50 and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Fildena 50 drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Nitroglycerin (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Minitran, Nitro-Bid, Rectiv, GoNitro)
- Delavirdine (Rescriptor)
- Avanafil (Stendra)
- Amyl Nitrite
- Lonafarnib (Zokinvy)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Amprenavir (Agenerase)
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
Moderate drug interactions
Fildena 50 disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptoms of PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
When taking medicine, you must also follow some prevention measures. They will ensure that your body is safe and the drug also works properly in the body.
- Your physician should know everything about your allergies and past medical issues . This will help them ensure that your body stays safe after taking medicine.
- It would help if you did not depend on alcohol and marijuana after taking medicine.
- People suffering from heart disease must never take the Fildena 50 mg medicine.
- Don’t take medicine if you are already consuming alpha-blockers or nitrate-based drugs.
Steps that one should take if the medicine is not working
You should visit your physician if the medicine is not working in your body. They will find out the reason for the non-working of medicine.
Other Prescribed Options
- Fildena 150
- Fildena Professional 100
- Fildena Super Active
- Fildena xxx
- Cenforce 100 mg
- Fildena 100 mg
- Eriacta 50 mg
- Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Available online:
- Sildenafil Interactions: Drugs.com. Available online:
- Sildenafil (Oral Route) Side Effects: Mayoclinic.org. Available online:
- Definition & Facts for Erectile Dysfunction: niddk.nih.gov. Available online:
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information . This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.