What is Malegra 100?
Malegra 100 is medication prescribed by physicians for treating Erectile Dysfunction (ED), contains Sildenafil Citrate as its active ingredient. Manufactured by pharmaceutical company Sunrise Remedies, this prescription-only medication is easily available at pharmacies and online drugstores.
Sunrise Remedies is the manufacturer and packager of this medicine. In the medicine packing, you will find a strip in which 10 pills are enclosed.
The pills are blue and have a biconvex shape. When you consume the medicine, it will stay active in your body for around 4-5 hours. Some people find that the medicine stays active in their body for even 10 hours.
What are the uses of Malegra 100 mg tablets?
Erectile Dysfunction (ED): Malegra 100 mg is commonly prescribed for men facing difficulties in achieving or maintaining an erection suitable for sexual activities.
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Physicians may also recommend this medication for managing Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, although this is less common.
Mechanism of Action: How Does Malegra 100 mg Work?
The key component, Sildenafil Citrate, acts as a Phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitor. This results in dilated blood vessels, particularly in the genital area, and enhances blood circulation. However, it’s crucial to note that Malegra 100 mg is effective only when the individual is sexually stimulated.
Dosage and Administration
Consult your physician to determine the most appropriate dosage, which may vary depending on individual health conditions and the severity of ED symptoms. Typically, one Malegra 100 mg tablet should be consumed with a glass of water about an hour before engaging in sexual activity.
For detailed information on the interactions of Malegra 100 with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Malegra 100 and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Malegra 100
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of sildenafil
- Increased risk of side effects
Malegra 100 and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Malegra 100 drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Nitroprusside (Nitropress)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Ceritinib (Zykadia)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Cobicistat (Tybost)
- Idelalisib (Zydelig)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Lonafarnib (Zokinvy)
- Erythromycin (Erythrocin)
- Isosorbide (Isordil, Dilatrate-SR)
Moderate drug interactions
Malegra 100 disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptomsof PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
How to store the Malegra 100mg medicine?
- Don’t store medicine in a damp and hot place
- Direct sunlight should never reach your medicine.
- Store Malegra 100 mg tablets at room temperature in a dry, sterile, and dark environment. Always check the packaging for any signs of tampering before purchase.
Malegra 100 side effects
Seek urgent medical help for the side effects listed below.
Uncommon side effects:
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- Priapism (painful erections)
- Painful urination.
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
Rare side effects:
- Decreased volume or frequency of urination.
- Chest pains.
- Changes in vision.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Fever or chills.
- Feeling of something in the eye.
- Similar behavior changes to that of intoxication.
- Unusual weakness or fatigue.
- Unusual sensation of burning or stinging on the skin.
- Severe or continuing nausea.
- Breast enlargement.
- Stress or nervousness.
- Heightened thirst.
Less significant side effects
Side effects commonly reported by patients:
- Nasal bleeding.
- Nasal congestion or runny nose.
- Discomfort and tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones.
- Muscular aches and pains.
Infrequent side effects:
- Poor coordination.
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Enlargement of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs.
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Diarrhea or cramps (severe or ongoing).
- Difficulty breathing.
- Asthma worsening.
- Paleness of the skin.
For a comprehensive list of potential side effects, please refer to the Sildenafil Citrate side effects page .
Precautions and Warnings
Before starting this medication, consult your physician if you have:
- High blood pressure
- Heart-related issues
Malegra 100 mg is not meant to offer protection against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and it doesn’t prevent unwanted pregnancies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Long Does Malegra 100 mg Take to Work?
Typically, the medication takes 30 to 40 minutes to show effects and lasts up to 4 hours.
Can I Take Malegra 100 mg with Food?
For optimal results, it’s advisable to consume this medication on an empty stomach or with a light meal.
Is it Safe to Consume Alcohol While Taking Malegra 100 mg?
Physicians generally advise against consuming alcohol when taking this medication, as it could increase the risk of side effects.
- Drugs Approved by Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation: Drug Name, Strength, Indication. Available online:
- Definition & Facts for Erectile Dysfunction: niddk.nih.gov. Available online:
- Sildenafil (Oral Route) Side Effects: Mayoclinic.org. Available online:
- Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Available online:
- Sildenafil Interactions: Drugs.com. Available online:
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information . This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more. It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.