What is Manforce 50 mg?
Manforce 50 mg tablets, is manufactured by Mankind pharma limited, a well-known name in the pharmaceutical market. One strip packing of medicine contains nine tablets. Each tablet contains 50 mg of the strength of the active drug. Sildenafil citrate, which is also known as Viagra, is the main constituent or functional ingredient of this medicine.
Sildenafil is responsible for providing a harder penile erection and also helps in increasing sexual timings. This medicine is a panacea for the treatment of sexual impotence. To know more important facts about Manforce 50 mg, keep reading ahead.
|Manforce 50 quick information
|Yes, Prescription Is compulsory.
|FDA Pregnancy Category:
|May cause sleepiness
|Schedule H Medicine
|Expires on or after:
Uses of Manforce 50 mg
- Primarily, it is used for the treatment of the erection problem and poor libido by relaxing penile muscles and by offering a vasodilation effect. And should not be used to treat other health conditions unless prescribed by a physician.
Side effects of Manforce 50 mg tablets
A drug produces positive and negative effects on the body depending on the consumption of the dose. Associated side effects with sildenafil are-
- Headaches may be caused by a biochemical reaction in the brain that leads to the overproduction of nitric oxide (NO).
- Flushing- a warmness around ears, neck, face, and throat.
- Indigestion- due to a disturbed stomach environment leads to vomiting and gastric upset.
- Nasal congestions– inflammation of facial muscles will cause a stuffy nose and produce a problem in breathing.
- Photophobia and blurred vision indicate impaired vision as a side effect of sildenafil.
- Cyanopsia is a condition in which users see everything tinted blue, rarely reported by some users.
- Dizziness and loss of alertness are common. You must get up slowly from lying or sitting to minimize the side effect.
- Some rare but serious side effects are Priapism, severe hypotension, heart attack, stroke, hearing loss, and ventricular arrhythmias. In such cases, you should immediately stop using sildenafil tablets and inform your doctor as soon as possible.
For a comprehensive list of potential side effects, please refer to the Sildenafil Citrate side effects page.
- It would be best if you only used Manforce 50 mg tablet for erectile dysfunction rather than treating any other health issue without consulting a doctor.
- To get the best result from the drug, you must consume it 1 hour before sexual intercourse so that the drug will get absorbed properly and produces the result at the right time.
- It would be best if you did not consume more than the prescribed dose, as this practice may cause severe side effects.
- If you feel a painful erection or erection for more than 4 hours, consult a doctor.
- Suppose you are following a course of nitrates, drugs used to treat angina or chest pain. In that case, you must not consume sildenafil citrate tablet because both classes of drug work by producing a vasodilation effect that leads to severe hypotension, which can be life-threatening.
- If you have any history of heart-related illness, consult your doctor before consuming sildenafil tablets.
- Adults should only consume Sildenafil pills. It is not recommended for teenagers and children.
- Manforce, 50 mg tablet, should be stored in a cool and dark place, away from direct sunlight.
- It must be stored below 25 degrees celsius to protect the API and shelf life of the drug.
- Keep the medicine out of children’s hands as it is prescribed only for adults. It may exert a negative effect if consumed by children.
Interactions for Manforce-50
- Nitrates are the class of drugs used in the treatment of chest pain, or angina pectoris is not advised to be taken together with sildenafil citrate because both types of medicine work via producing a vasodilation effect due to which blood pressure will fall to a great level, leading to fainting and stroke. This combination can be life-threatening.
- Sildenafil citrate pills should not be consumed along with alpha-blockers because both medicines will work synergistically to drop blood pressure, leading to severe hypotension.
- Suppose you are following a dosage regimen for cardiovascular disease. In that case, sildenafil should be taken with caution under the doctor’s vision, as it may exert some side effects on the heart.
- Protease inhibitors used in treating HIV infection should be avoided to consume along with sildenafil. Metabolism of sildenafil will get delayed due to protease inhibitors, and the drug will stay longer in the body, causing Priapism and other side effects.
- You can consume coffee before taking Manfore 50 mg tablet because caffeine will increase alertness and control dizziness so that you can focus more on your sexual activities. But it’s essential to consult your doctor before combining caffeine and sildenafil.
For a comprehensive list of interactions, please refer to the Sildenafil Citrate interaction page.
Frequently asked questions
What will be the right time to consume Manforce 50 mg tablet?
The right time to consume the drug is 1 Hour before sexual activities. In the window of 1 Hour, the drug will get absorbed into the bloodstream through proper biological channels, reach the targeted site, and show the results at the right time.
Can I purchase Manforce 50 mg tablets without a prescription?
No, you cannot purchase Manforce tablets without a prescription. It would help if you held an original prescription from a registered physician to buy the medicine. A remedy is mandatory because it is a schedule H drug that cannot be sold over the counter without a prescription.
What will Manforce 50 mg do in the body to get a penile erection?
The working of sildenafil citrate is very simple. It will inhibit the activities of the phosphodiesterase-5 enzyme, which is responsible for muscle contraction. It will also enhance blood flow to penile blood vessels to get a better and harder erection.
I just remembered that I forgot to take the Manforce 50 mg tablet on time; what should I do?
Generally, it is advised to take this medicine 1 hour before sexual intercourse. Still, if you follow a complete course prescribed by an expert physician, you must follow the timeline as advised. Taking medicine within 2 hours of delay will be okay, but if the delay is more than 2 hours or near the next dose, you should not consume the medicine and inform your doctor about this for better guidance.
Can I take more than recommended dose to get the result quicker and longer?
No, it would help if you did not take more than the prescribed dose in greed of getting an erection faster and longer. Overdosing will lead your erection to a painful erection, known as Priapism in medical terms, and such practice will also produce severe side effects. So it is better to take the recommended dose to get better results against erection problems.
- Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Available online:
- Sildenafil Interactions: Drugs.com. Available online:
- Sildenafil (Oral Route) Side Effects: Mayoclinic.org. Available online:
- Definition & Facts for Erectile Dysfunction: niddk.nih.gov. Available online:
- Medzpills aims to provide visitors with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.