Megalis 10mg is a PDE type5 inhibitor class action of medicine which is manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd. The active pharmaceutical ingredient present inside the medicine is Tadalafil which is used by males with erectile dysfunction. The medicine is going to suppress the symptoms of ED and induce a harder erection.
Megalis, a 10 mg tablet, is manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd, a renowned pharmaceutical company certified globally. Megalis-10 comes in a pack of 4 tablets, and each tablet comprises 10 mg of the active therapeutic agent, tadalafil.
Tadalafil is an FDA-certified drug sold on a genuine prescription of a Urologist, Psychiatrist, Venereologist or Endocrinologist only. This medicine is a panacea in treating erectile dysfunction and other erection-related problems. To know more about this medicine, like its use, side effects, results, and working, read this blog ahead.
Mechanism of action of Tadalafil Drug
Tadalafil is the critical constituent of Megalis 10 mg tablet. It acts by inhibiting the activity of an enzyme known as phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) which is responsible for the contraction of the smooth muscles and lowering the blood flow in the abdominal region, mainly the penis.
Hence, it helps in relaxing the smooth muscles in the penile region and also enhances the flow of blood in the abdominal area. The overall activity results in the erection of the penis and boosted libido with high sexual time.
Uses of Megalis 10 mg
- It is mainly used to eliminate sex-related problems such as erection problems, short ejaculation time, impotence and poor libido.
- This medicine is also employed in the management of benign prostate enlargement.
- Other than sex-related issues, this medicine can be recommended to manage hypertension as it relaxes the walls of blood vessels and increases blood flow.
Reported side effects of tadalafil
Every drug exerts few side effects if not taken as per recommendation by the manufacturer or doctor. Side effects can be temporary or severe depending on the dose, consumption frequency, and health parameters. The adverse actions of tadalafil are-
- Body pain is one of the most common side effects of the medication. Back, legs, arms and jaw pains are seen most in the consumers. However, it lasts only for 5-6 hours.
- Chest congestion is general, due to which a patient may feel discomfort, heaviness, and tightness, leading to some difficulties in breathing.
- Many consumers majorly report dizziness. To avoid this effect of the drug, you must get up slowly from a sitting or lying position.
- Facial muscles will get swollen temporarily, due to which a patient may face a stuffy nose and problems breathing.
- Vision also gets affected as a part of adverse action of the medicine. Blurry vision is reported most, which becomes normal as the drug’s effect falls.
- Dyspepsia, a situation of indigestion or stomach upset, is noticed as an unwanted effect of tadalafil.
- Overdosing with the drug will result in severe side effects such as heart stroke.
- The drug also starts some chemical reactions in the body, which results in the production of NO leads to headaches commonly.
Quick tips to keep in mind
- Megalis, a 10 mg tablet, will make you sexually excited after 20-30 minutes of taking the medicine. Do not consume more than the prescribed medicine with the thought of getting the result faster and unlikely you will get the adverse effect faster.
- Consume the tablet with plenty of water without chewing or breaking the pill.
- You should take medicine on an empty stomach or after 4-6 hours of a meal. It will get absorbed, reach the circulatory system better, and the erection will be phenomenal.
- You should consult a doctor before consuming the medicine. A doctor will guide you regarding the dose and frequency to achieve an effective outcome.
- If you are suffering from heart, liver or kidney problems, do not consume the medicine or consult the doctor.
- Do not combine the Megalis tablet with other medications, such as alpha-blockers or nitrates, as the medicine will work synergically and drop the blood pressure to a remarkable level, causing fainting, hallucination, and even a heart attack.
- Do not drive any vehicle, if possible, as you might feel dizzy or sleepy after consuming the medicine.
- You should not consume any narcotic product, tobacco, or alcohol while following the regimen of tadalafil medicine. The combination will affect the absorption of the drug, and you might not get the desired result of proper erection and high libido, although it will make you feel dizzy.
- Avoid storing the medicine in a sunny or damp place, as such storage conditions will affect the pharmaceutical attributes of the tablet. It will also decrease the shelf life of an active therapeutic agent.
- Tadalafil drug is not for children, so keep it out of the reach of children.
Most asked questions
Does Megalis 10 mg tablet affect fertility?
No, the consumption of Megalis tablets will not exert any effect on fertility. It enhances the blood flow in the penile blood vessel and relaxes muscles to produce an erection.
When to stop consuming tadalafil medicine?
Suppose you feel uneasiness while or after consuming the medication or face any skin-related issues or irritation in the stomach. In that case, you must stop the intake and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
What are the common tolerable side effects of this medicine?
Most of the side effects of tadalafil tablets are tolerable and do not last longer than 3-5 hours. The common side effects are-
- Altered vision
- Body pain
- Flushing- a sense of warmness on the face and limbs
What are the benefits of Megalis 10 mg tablet other than solving erection problems?
Megalis tablet is majorly used in the betterment of erectile function. However, it could be helpful in treating pulmonary hypertension as vasodilation is the effect of tadalafil, which will reduce the blood pressure to relieving the patient. It is also used to treat benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH).
Which type of food should be taken and avoided while following the tadalafil medicine regimen?
Diet plays a vital role in deciding the ADME parameters for the drug. As per FDA’s advice, medication should be taken in a fast state or 4-6 hours before or after consuming the food. Alcohol is most commonly consumed by people, which reduces the absorption of the drug. Grapes should not be consumed as they will hinder the absorption of the drug by suppressing the intestinal receptors. However, you can take dark chocolate and coffee before or after consuming the medicine. It will enhance the working and give a better erection.
Is it safe to take one tablet daily?
Yes, it is entirely safe to consume one Megalis 10 mg tablet daily at the scheduled time, as mentioned in the medicine box, or a doctor prescribes it. To get the best result, consume the medicine 20-30 minutes before sexual activities.
Related Medicine :
- Medicines.org.uk. 2021. Sildenafil 100 mg film-coated tablets – Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) – (emc). [online] Available at: < [Accessed 7 July 2021]. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7124/smpc >
Drugs, H., 2021. Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [online] Medlineplus.gov. Available at: < [Accessed 7 July 2021].
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more. It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.