What is Penegra 50 mg?
Penegra 50 mg is an allopathic medicine used to help males who have erectile dysfunction. It is a sexual disorder in which a male cannot gain a harder erection when indulged in intercourse. Due to softer erections, a couple cannot have satisfactory intercourse, leading to other symptoms in the body, like declining libido and sexual satisfaction. The medicine helps suppress the symptom of a softer erection temporarily so that a person can enjoy proper and satisfactory intercourse.
The medicine manufacturer is Zydus Cadila, which packs the medicine in a strip of 4 tablets. They are pink in color, diamond-shaped, containing 50 mg of Sildenafil Citrate. It is the active pharmaceutical ingredient present inside the medicine, which falls in the PDE type5 inhibitor class action of the medicine. If a person has erectile dysfunction and wants to consume the medicine, they require a prescription. That is why it is necessary to contact the physician and discuss the issue in detail.
Uses of Penegra 50 mg
- The physicians prescribe the Penegra 50mg medicine to patients with erectile dysfunction. The medicine only provides temporary aid to patients with erectile dysfunction, and the only aim is to allow a person to have satisfactory intercourse.
- The physician also provides the prescription of Penegra 50mg medicine to the patients of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. It is a high blood pressure issue that impacts the lungs and right side of the heart, leading to symptoms like headache, nausea, lightheadedness, dizziness, etc.
Benefits of Penegra 50 mg
- Harder erections are the first benefit of using the Penegra 50mg medicine.
- Increased libido and sexual satisfaction are also the benefits of using Penegra 50mg medicine.
- The medicine also controls the blood pressure in a person’s body and maintains it to normal.
How does Penegra 50 mg work?
The main task of Penegra 50mg is to block all the actions of PDE type5 inside the body. It is a hormone that the body releases to ensure that a person’s heart is safe. Because of the bad habits of a male, the heart is at immense risk. Due to this, the body releases PDE type5, which enters the blood vessels. Here, it will block the release of cGMP which is a vasodilator. Due to this, the blood vessels contract, leading to softer erections and erectile dysfunction.
When a person consumes the medicine, Sildenafil dissolves inside the body and enters the blood vessels, searching for PDE type5. It will block all the actions of the PDE type5 very soon, which leads to the release of cGMP again. This will start the dilation of blood vessels, due to which blood can reach inside the penis in adequate amounts when a person is sexually aroused. It leads to a harder erection, which is important for having satisfactory intercourse.
The dose of medicine that a person needs to consume to get the best results from the medicine is decided by the physician. They consider a person’s ED issues and medical history to make this decision. It will also help them decide whether a person is safe using the medicine. On average, the dose is one or two per day.
For detailed information on the interactions of Penegra 50 mg with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Penegra 50 mg and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Penegra 50 mg
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of Penegra 50 mg
- Increased risk of side effects
Penegra 50 mg and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Penegra 50 mg drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Nitroprusside (Nitropress)
- Nefazodone (Serzone)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Cobicistat (Tybost)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Erythromycin (Erythrocin)
- Avanafil (Stendra)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Fosamprenavir (Lexiva)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
Moderate drug interactions
Penegra 50 mg disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptoms of PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
Immediate medical care should be sought for the side effects mentioned below.
Uncommon side effects:
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
- Painful urination.
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- Priapism (painful erections)
Rare side effects:
- Restless sleep.
- Expansion of the pupil.
- Stress or nervousness.
- Chest pains.
- Decreased volume or frequency of urination.
- Breast enlargement.
- Similar behavior changes to that of intoxication.
- Severe or continuing nausea.
- Changes in vision.
- Difficulty focusing.
Below, you’ll find the less worrisome side effects of Penegra 50 mg:
The side effects most commonly discussed:
- Nasal bleeding.
- Muscular aches and pains.
- Discomfort and tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones.
- Unusually warm skin.
Infrequent side effects:
- Unpleasant sexual effects in men (persistent), such as the inability to experience an orgasm.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Asthma worsening.
- Paleness of the skin.
- Enlargement of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs.
- Stomach pains.