Asthma is a respiratory disorder identified by swollen and inflamed airways due to excess secretion of mucous causing blockage of airways, producing breathing difficulties and other unpleasant conditions like wheezing and chest pain. Several factors cause asthma, such as genetics, environmental pollution, smoking habits, etc.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a lung illness in which obstruction in air passage is seen. Asthma and COPD both cause breathing problems, and now, such medical issues are increasing, as per recent scientific reports.
Seroflo 250 rotacap is a combination of 2 medicines: Fluticasone (a corticosteroid) and Salmeterol (a bronchodilator), which is used effectively in treating COPD and Asthma. Cipla Limited, a well-known name in the pharmaceutical industry globally, is the manufacturer of this magic remedy.
Seroflo 250 rotacap comes in a pack of 30 capsules typically used for inhalation purposes. Each capsule contains 50 mcg of Salmeterol and 250 mcg of Fluticasone in strength. The results of this medication are very effective. To know more about this effective remedy, stay connected and keep reading further.
Working of Seroflo 250 rotacap
Seroflo 250 rotacap is made of 2 drugs, Salmeterol and Fluticasone. Salmeterol is a beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonist (LABA), stimulating beta-2 receptors in bronchial musculature. This drug enhances the activity of an enzyme known as adenyl cyclase to increase the concentration of cAMP, leads to the relaxation of smooth muscle tone, and hence improves breathing.
Fluticasone is a glucocorticoid used as an anti-inflammatory agent. It works by inhibiting the secretion of inflammatory agents such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Overall activity results in the relaxation of smooth muscles of airways and reduces the inflammation of airways leading to better breathing.
Direction to use Seroflo medication
it is strictly mentioned on the pack of medicine that it is for inhalation purposes, so do not swallow it. Use a suitable inhaler recommended by your doctor. Add one capsule in it, seal the mouthpiece of the pump by your lips, and start inhaling from your mouth slowly and deeply so that medicine can reach into the airway and offer relief from asthma and COPD.
Do not stop the medicine regimen on your own; complete the prescribed course and consult your doctor if you feel better in asthmatic condition or face any side effects.
Side effects of Seroflo 250 rotacap
Some common side effects are-
- Headache and the common cold
- Sore throat due to yeast infection
- A hoarse or husky voice
- Joint pain with inflammation
- Muscle pain with cramps
- Reduction in body potassium levels causing hypokalemia leads to excessive urination.
Uncommon reported side effects are-
- Cataract, a condition of eyes become cloudy
- Tremor and arrhythmias
- Diabetes is a condition of increased sugar levels in the blood
- Insomnia, disturbance in sleep
- Chest pain
Rarely reported side effects are-
- Severe allergic reactions include loss of consciousness, tachycardia causing fainting, swelling of face and lips, skin rashes, and cough.
- Pneumonia condition identified by fever, chills, excessive mucus secretion, and breathing problems.
- Fungal infection in the throat causes problems in drinking and eating.
- Cushing syndrome due to enhanced levels of cortisol.
- Weight gain, glaucoma, and bone thinning.
- Seroflo 250 rotacap can be used in pregnant or breastfeeding women only, as per a doctor’s guidelines.
- Suppose you suffer from liver infection, allergy, heart disease, and other critical illnesses. In that case, you must consult a doctor before consuming the medicine as due to side effects may worsen your health condition.
- Consult a physician if you are suffering from-
- High blood sugar level
- Low potassium level
- Over-active thyroid gland
- And weak immune system
- Salmeterol and Fluticasone are reported for drug-drug interactions with other beta-blockers (such as atenolol and sotalol), anti-fungal drugs, protease inhibitors, anti-bacterial agents, other corticosteroids, diuretics, and anti-depressants. Such a category of the drug may interfere with the absorption, metabolism, distribution, and elimination of the drug. Hence it is advised to consume the medicine as per doctor consultation if you are already following any regimen of other medication.
- Overdose is always harmful. Suppose you ever took an overdose intentionally or unintentionally. In that case, you should rush to the hospital for a doctor consultation to minimize the effect of side effects caused due to additional dose.
- To consume the seroflo 250 rotacap capsule:
- Put one capsule in a suitable inhaler and hold the device vertically.
- Keep the mouthpiece sealed by your lips and push the device’s button to release the powder from the capsule; inhale the powder from your mouth slowly and deeply.
- Do the inhalation process 3-4 times so that medicine will reach the targeted site better.
Best place to purchase Seroflo 250 rotacap capsules
You may find a lot of places claiming to sell seroflo 250 rotacap medication, but the most loved and most trusted place is Medzpills because-
- It is an online medical platform where you can find almost every medicine of high quality.
- Compared to other sellers who sell cheap quality medicine, Medzpills is the authentic seller of original and genuine medicine with an FDA certificate.
- Medicine prices are significantly lower in comparison with other sellers. The reason behind such low prices is the discount coupons and offers available on the website, which you can claim easily to get a concession on your final bill.
- You can subscribe to a refill policy by which they will automatically deliver the product at a specific period (weekly, monthly, or quarterly) so that you do not struggle to order the medicine every time.
Frequently Asked Questions
When to use Seroflo 250 Rotacap?
Seroflo 250 Rotacap can be employed in treating asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD), such as breathlessness and wheezing, verified and prescribed by a registered doctor. It also assists in minimizing flare-ups of COPD. Do not consume this medication in general breathing problems due to the common cold.
What will Seroflo 250 rotacap medicine will do in my body?
This medicine is made of 2 active ingredients, Salmeterol and Fluticasone. These 2 active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) work by widening the airways by relaxing smooth muscles and also reduce mucus production in airways by inhibiting the secretion of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Hence, making breathing easy and comfortable by making air passage more convenient.
Is Seroflo 250 rotacap safe to use, and what are the associated side effects with medicine?
Seroflo 250 rotacap is entirely safe for patients suffering from lung diseases such as COPD and asthma. This medication should only be utilized under the supervision of a doctor or only based on a doctor’s consultation. The common side effects of this anti-asthmatic medication are sore throat, headache, irritation in the throat, joint and muscle pain, and hoarse voice.
Can I inhale a high dose to get better benefits for lung illness?
No, it would be best if you did not consume high doses to get the results faster and longer. Such practice will lead the patient to severe health conditions due to the side effect of the medicine. It would help if you only consumed the dose per your doctor’s consultation. A dose is generally dependent on the age, weight, body surface area (BSA), and gender of the patient. However, the presence of any other illness may also affect the dose. Hence, it is better to take a diagnosis from a doctor to know about the correct dose for consumption.
Can Seroflo 250 rotacap be used in children suffering from Asthma and COPD?
Seroflo is only recommended for users over 12 years and is strictly prohibited for children below 12 years due to a lack of safety data by researchers on children. Hence, it would be good not to consider this medication for children below 12 years; however, you must consult a doctor for better guidance in treating lung disorders in kids.
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more. It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.
There are no reviews yet.