What is Silagra 100?
Silagra 100 is a medical formulation by Cipla, designed for men experiencing erectile dysfunction (ED). Primarily containing 100 mg of Sildenafil Citrate, this prescription medication offers temporary relief from ED symptoms.
|Silagra 100 quick information|
|Prescription Required?||Yes, Prescription Is compulsory.|
|FDA Pregnancy Category:||Category B|
|Habit Forming:||Not habit-forming|
|Chemical Class:||Benzenesulfonamide Derivative|
|Action Class:||PDE-5 inhibitors|
|Sleepiness:||May cause sleepiness|
|Schedule:||Schedule H Medicine|
|Expires on or after:||June, 2024|
Uses of Silagra 100
Physicians often recommend Silagra 100 for erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension. The medication helps maintain erectile function for 4-5 hours, thereby improving sexual satisfaction. However, the medication is not advised for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or for enhancing libido.
Silagra 100: Mechanism of Action
After administration, Silagra 100 inhibits phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) enzymes in the bloodstream. Consequently, this leads to an increase in cGMP levels, a vasodilator that relaxes blood vessels. This facilitates improved blood flow to the penis during sexual arousal, leading to stronger erections.
How to Administer Silagra 100
- Swallow the tablet whole; do not chew or break it.
- Consume with a glass of water.
- For best results, take the medication 30 minutes before sexual activity.
- Discuss the medication regimen with your physician for tailored advice.
Side effects of Silagra 100
- Headache and nausea might happen due to the medicine.
- The medicine might cause ringing in your ears and blurriness in front of your eyes.
- The medicine can also cause dizziness and drowsiness.
- The medicine can also cause muscle or abdominal pain in your body.
- You might notice tiredness and weakness in your body.
- Vomiting and diarrhea might also happen in your body because of the medicine.
- The medicine can also cause increased heartbeat and blood pressure.
- You might even notice an elongated erection because of the medicine.
For a comprehensive list of potential side effects, please refer to the Sildenafil Citrate side effects page .
Warnings & Precautions
- When visiting the physician, you should discuss your complete medical history with them. This is for your safety.
- You should never take medicine if you have any heart problems.
- If you experience side effects such as dizziness or drowsiness after using Silagra 100 mg, avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until you feel well enough to do so safely.
A physician will recommend the appropriate dosage, taking into account your medical history and the severity of your condition.
Overdose and Missed Dose
In cases of accidental overdose, immediate medical attention is required. For missed doses, take it as soon as you remember but do not exceed one dose per day.
Interactions of Silagra 100
For detailed information on the interactions of Silagra 100 with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Silagra 100 and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Silagra 100
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of sildenafil
- Increased risk of side effects
Silagra 100 and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Silagra 100 drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Nitroglycerin (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Minitran, Nitro-Bid, Rectiv, GoNitro)
- Delavirdine (Rescriptor)
- Avanafil (Stendra)
- Amyl Nitrite
- Lonafarnib (Zokinvy)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Amprenavir (Agenerase)
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
Moderate drug interactions
Silagra 100 disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptomsof PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
Store the medication in a dark, dry place at room temperature (below 25°C). Keep it away from children and pets for safety reasons.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take for Silagra 100 to work?
The onset of action generally occurs within 20-25 minutes, although individual results may vary.
- Who is the ideal candidate for Silagra 100?
Men with conditions like erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension can be prescribed this medication.
- Manufacturer Details
Cipla Private Limited, an Indian pharmaceutical conglomerate, manufactures Silagra 100.
- What should I do if I experience side effects?
Contact your physician for tailored medical advice in case of any adverse effects.
- When should I take Silagra 100?
A physician may recommend taking the medication about 30 minutes before sexual activity for optimal results.
- Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Available online:
- Sildenafil Interactions: Drugs.com. Available online:
- Sildenafil (Oral Route) Side Effects: Mayoclinic.org. Available online:
- Definition & Facts for Erectile Dysfunction: niddk.nih.gov. Available online:
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information . This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone , an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.