What is Sildamax 100 mg?
Sildamax 100 mg is an allopathic medicine that a person suffering from erectile dysfunction consumes. It is a situation in which a male is unable to gain a harder erection while having intercourse. Due to this, the sexual intercourse experience of a person goes downhill. Soon, a male and female notice that the sexual satisfaction levels and libido in their body decrease. The medicine helps in improving this overall situation that a male and female are going through by suppressing the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. The medicine falls in the PDE type5 inhibitor class action of medicine because of its API.
The manufacturer of the Sildamax 100mg medicine is Agron Healthcare Private Limited, an Indian Pharmaceutical company. They pack the medicine in a strip of 10 blue and diamond-shaped tablets. Each tablet consists of 100 mg of Sildenafil Citrate, an active pharmaceutical ingredient present inside the medicine. Anyone who wants to get help from this medicine requires a prescription from a legitimate physician. Without a prescription, a person cannot buy the medicine from the counter or buy it online.
Uses of Sildamax 100 mg
- Patients suffering from erectile dysfunction can get a prescription for the medicine. The changes that this medicine brings to the body are temporary and only lasts for 4-5 hours on average.
- Patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension can also take help from the medicine. It is a high blood pressure situation in which the lungs and heart of a person get directly impacted. A person will also notice symptoms like headache, nausea, lightheadedness, etc, because of the medicine use.
Benefits of Sildamax 100 mg
- Harder erection is the first and most important benefit of using the Sildamax medicine. It is very important for having satisfactory intercourse.
- The medicine also helps in elevating the sexual satisfaction levels in the couple’s body.
- The person consuming the medicine will also notice an increased libido. It means that a male stays in a good mood to have intercourse.
- The medicine also helps a male control their blood pressure and removes the symptoms that a person notices because of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
How does Sildamax 100 mg work?
When a person consumes Sildamax medicine, Sildenafil Citrate dissolves and enters inside the blood vessels. It will block all the actions of PDE type5, due to which the release of cGMP is activated. It is a vasodilator, due to which blood vessels start dilating. When a person is sexually aroused, blood is able to travel towards the penis without any obstruction. It will lead to a harder erection, which is most important for having satisfactory intercourse.
The dose of medicine that a male with erectile dysfunction needs to consume is either one or two per day. The physician makes the decision of the dose based on the levels of issues that a person has and their medical history. The medical history helps a person ensure whether a person is safe to use the medicine or not. After that, the physician checks the levels of issues to provide them with the dose.
For detailed information on the interactions of Sildamax 100 mg with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Sildamax 100 mg and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Sildamax 100 mg
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of Sildamax 100 mg
- Increased risk of side effects
Sildamax 100 mg and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Sildamax 100 mg drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Isosorbide (Isordil, Dilatrate-SR)
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Ceritinib (Zykadia)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- Delavirdine (Rescriptor)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Amprenavir (Agenerase)
- Lonafarnib (Zokinvy)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Nitroprusside (Nitropress)
- Avanafil (Stendra)
- Nefazodone (Serzone)
Moderate drug interactions
Sildamax 100 mg disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptomsof PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
Immediate medical care should be sought for the side effects mentioned below.
Uncommon side effects:
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
- Painful urination.
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- Priapism (painful erections)
Rare side effects:
- Restless sleep.
- Expansion of the pupil.
- Stress or nervousness.
- Chest pains.
- Decreased volume or frequency of urination.
- Breast enlargement.
- Similar behavior changes to that of intoxication.
- Severe or continuing nausea.
- Changes in vision.
- Difficulty focusing.
Below, you’ll find the less worrisome side effects of Sildamax 100 mg:
The side effects most commonly discussed:
- Nasal bleeding.
- Muscular aches and pains.
- Discomfort and tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones.
- Unusually warm skin.
Infrequent side effects:
- Unpleasant sexual effects in men (persistent), such as the inability to experience an orgasm.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Asthma worsening.
- Paleness of the skin.
- Enlargement of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs.
- Stomach pains.