What is Silditop 50mg?
Silditop 50mg is a Sildenafil-based medicine that falls in the PDE type5 inhibitor class action of medicine. This medicine helps males with a sexual disorder known as erectile dysfunction. It is a situation in which a male is unable to gain a harder erection when they are sexually aroused or performing intercourse. Due to this issue, a male is unable to perform well when having intercourse, leading to unsatisfying intercourse. It leads to a decrease in libido and sexual satisfaction levels not only in the body of a male but their female partner.
The medicine helps in suppressing the symptoms of erectile dysfunction and helps a male perform satisfactory intercourse. The manufacturer of the medicine is Healing Pharma Pvt. Ltd., an Indian Pharmaceutical Company. They pack the medicine in a blister pack of 10 blue and diamond tablets. Each tablet contains 50 mg of Sildenafil Citrate, which is the active pharmaceutical ingredient of the medicine.
|Silditop 50mg quick information|
|Prescription Required?||Yes, Prescription Is compulsory.|
|FDA Pregnancy Category:||Category B|
|Habit Forming:||Not habit-forming|
|Chemical Class:||Benzenesulfonamide Derivative|
|Action Class:||PDE-5 inhibitors|
|Sleepiness:||May cause sleepiness|
|Schedule:||Schedule H Medicine|
|Expires on or after:||June, 2024|
Any male suffering from ED or noticing the symptoms of erectile dysfunction must visit the physician as soon as possible and get a prescription for the medicine.
Uses of Silditop 50mg
- People who have erectile dysfunction can get help from the medicine if the physician provides the prescription.
- People who are suffering from Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension issues can also get help from the medicine. In this case, the blood pressure of a person increases to an unsafe level.
Benefits of using Silditop 50mg
- Gaining a harder erection is the most important benefit of using Silditop 50mg medicine. It is most important for having satisfactory intercourse.
- Increased libido is also a benefit of consuming Silditop 50mg medicine.
- People consuming the medicine will also notice an increase in sexual satisfaction
- The medicine also helps in controlling the increasing blood pressure because of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension and maintaining it to normal. Due to the medicine, the symptoms of PAH are also improved.
How does Silditop 50mg work?
When a person consumes the Silditop medicine, Sildenafil dissolves and enters the blood vessels. Here, it will start searching for the PDE type5 and block all the actions it is producing. Due to this, the release of cGMP is again activated inside the blood vessels which is a vasodilator. Within a couple of minutes, the blood vessels start to dilate. When a person is sexually aroused, more blood is able to reach the penis leading to a harder erection. It will help a male have satisfactory intercourse.
Commonly, the dose of the medicine that a person needs to consume is one or two per day. The final decision of the dose is taken by the physician that an erectile dysfunction patient visits to discuss their issue. The physician needs to know two pieces of information from the patient: their detailed medical history and the levels of ED issues. The medical history of the patient helps in deciding whether they are safe to use the medicine or not. After that, the physician considers the levels of ED issues to decide the final dose and provide the prescription.
For detailed information on the interactions of Silditop 50mg with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Silditop 50mg and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Silditop 50mg
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of Silditop 50mg
- Increased risk of side effects
Silditop 50mg and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Silditop 50mg drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Delavirdine (Rescriptor)
- Nitroglycerin (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Minitran, Nitro-Bid, Rectiv, GoNitro)
- Nefazodone (Serzone)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
- Isosorbide (Isordil, Dilatrate-SR)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Amprenavir (Agenerase)
- Cobicistat (Tybost)
- Nitroprusside (Nitropress)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Fosamprenavir (Lexiva)
- Amyl Nitrite
- Avanafil (Stendra)
Moderate drug interactions
Silditop 50mg disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptoms of PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
The below side effects demand immediate medical attention.
Uncommon side effects:
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
- Painful urination.
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- Priapism (painful erections)
Rare side effects:
- Breast enlargement.
- Fever or chills.
- Difficulty focusing.
- Unusual sensation of burning or stinging on the skin.
- Aching in the lower back or side.
- Blurred vision.
- Twitching of the muscles.
- Chest pains.
- Severe or persistent headache.
Less severe side effects of Silditop 50mg
Side effects frequently observed:
- Muscular aches and pains.
- Nasal congestion or runny nose.
- Nasal bleeding.
Infrequent side effects:
- Diarrhea or cramps (severe or ongoing).
- Enlargement of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs.
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Paleness of the skin.
- Unpleasant sexual effects in men (persistent), such as the inability to experience an orgasm.
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Poor coordination.
- Asthma worsening.
- Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Available online:
- Sildenafil Interactions: Drugs.com. Available online:
- Sildenafil (Oral Route) Side Effects: Mayoclinic.org. Available online:
- Definition & Facts for Erectile Dysfunction: niddk.nih.gov. Available online:
MedzPills is dedicated to providing consumers with accurate and reliable health information. This article has been carefully reviewed by an expert, Parry Stone. However, it’s important to understand that this information is not a substitute for advice from a qualified medical professional. Our information is meant to be a helpful resource, but it might not cover every aspect of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, or alerts. It’s strongly recommended that you consult your doctor for any specific questions or concerns about a particular illness or medication. At MedzPills, our goal is to complement, rather than replace, the important doctor-patient relationship.