Suhagra 25 mg is a pde type 5 inhibitor that has Sildenafil citrate salt present in it. You can take the help of this medication if you have erectile dysfunction and want to enjoy satisfactory intercourse.
The main task of the medicine is to block the activity of PDE type 5, due to which the symptoms of erectile dysfunction will be alleviated for some hours, and you can enjoy your intercourse. The common symptoms of erectile dysfunction include difficulty achieving and maintaining an erection.
When both symptoms peak, a person starts noticing sexual dissatisfaction. But the use of medicine can save you from that feeling. This medication is a small, blue, biconvex tablet manufactured by Cipla, an Indian pharma conglomerate. They pack the medicine in 4 tablets and sell it in a cartoon box.
Uses of Suhagra 25 mg
- You can use the medicine in case of erectile dysfunction. In this case, the medicine’s main aim is to get sexual satisfaction by suppressing the symptoms of softer erections and premature ejaculation. The results generated by the medication will stay active for 4-5 hours on average.
- The medicine also helps patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, a type of high blood pressure. You can use medication to control the blood pressure inside your body.
How does the Suhagra 25 mg show its action?
The erectile dysfunction issue happens in your body when PDE type 5 inhibitors attach to the blood vessels. It will block the working of cGMP, which will contract the blood vessels.
No blood will reach the penis properly, so a person faces problems with erection and ejaculates soon. The body activates the PDE because the heart feels some danger, so controlling the blood flow is essential.
When you start using the medicine, PDE type 5 will be blocked, which gives rise to the cGMP automatically. The cGMP will dilate the blood vessels so that blood can easily flow and you get the best erection. After this, the salt will block the blood from entering the penis for some time.
This way, your intercourse will continue uninterrupted, and you will feel better. Once the medicine is active, its results will last 4-5 hours. After that, the body will return to the status quo to protect the heart.
How to consume the medicine for the best results?
- You should always swallow the whole tablet if you are looking to achieve the best results. Breaking, biting, or chewing the medicine can be very bad for your medicine.
- You must consume a glassful of water with the medicine. It makes swallowing easy and also creates a great environment inside your body for medical work.
- This medication should not be taken with a high-fat meal, as this can delay the onset of its effects.
- You should always consume a balanced diet that is low in fat and sugar when using the medicine. Consuming high-fat or heavy meals can slow down the working of the medicine.
- Always consume the medicine half an hour before you decide to have intercourse. It will provide sufficient time for the medicine to show its action in your body.
The physician decides the dose of medicine that you must consume. The dose can be either once or twice per day, which should be taken according to the directions provided by the physician. All you need to do is consume the medicine consistently.
Although the chances of an overdose of this small dose of medicine are low, it might happen in the body of a few people. If side effects appear inside your body, you must contact your physician. They will help you get rid of the issues.
- Abdominal and muscle pain
- Blurriness in front of eyes
- Sore throat and ringing in ears
- Runny nose
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Elongated and painful erections
For a comprehensive list of potential side effects, please refer to the Sildenafil Citrate side effects page.
- Whenever you visit the physician to get a prescription for the medicine, share your medical history. They will use this information to ensure that you are safe using the medicine.
- You should never consume alcohol or marijuana when using the medicine. It can impact the working of Suhagra 25 mg.
- After using the medicine, driving and operating heavy machinery should be completely avoided. It is unsafe because of the side effects on your eyes.
- You should never consume the medicine if you are feeling dizzy or feverish.
- Never consume the medicine if you have heart, liver, or kidney infections. It can be fatal for you.
- You must never consume high-fat meals when using the medicine.
Interactions of Suhagra 25
For detailed information on the interactions of Suhagra 25 with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Suhagra 25 and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Suhagra 25
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of sildenafil
- Increased risk of side effects
Suhagra 25 and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Suhagra 25 drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Nitroprusside (Nitropress)
- Isosorbide (Isordil, Dilatrate-SR)
- Cobicistat (Tybost)
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Nefazodone (Serzone)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Nitroglycerin (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Minitran, Nitro-Bid, Rectiv, GoNitro)
- Fosamprenavir (Lexiva)
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- Idelalisib (Zydelig)
- Amprenavir (Agenerase)
- Amyl Nitrite
Moderate drug interactions
Suhagra 25 disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptomsof PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
Other Prescribed Options
- To store the medicine, the best way is to choose a completely dark and dry place where direct sunlight never reaches.
- Keep the medicine at a temperature between 15-30 degrees Celsius. An increase in temperature can deteriorate the medicine quality.
- Ensure that your kids and pets never reach the medicine. It can be very bad for their body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the medicine completely safe for your body?
Yes, the medicine is completely safe for a healthy person’s body and is approved by the FDA also. But some people are unsafe to use it because the FDA states that one requires a prescription to buy this medicine.
How long will the medicine take to show its action?
The medicine will only take 20-25 minutes to show its action inside your body only if you are involved in sexually arousing activities.
When to stop using Suhagra 25 mg medicine?
You should stop using the medicine in only two situations. The first situation is that the erectile dysfunction in your body is resolved, and you can have satisfactory intercourse without the medicine. The second situation is that you hit sexual maturity and no longer want to have sex. The third situation is if you suffer from any heart issue due to which medicine is unsafe for you.
- Definition & Facts for Erectile Dysfunction: niddk.nih.gov. Available online:
- Sildenafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Available online:
- Sildenafil Interactions: Drugs.com. Available online:
- Sildenafil (Oral Route) Side Effects: Mayoclinic.org. Available online:
- Drugs Approved by Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation: Drug Name, Strength, Indication. Available online:
- Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more.
- It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.
There are no reviews yet.