What is Tazzle 20 FM?
Tazzle 20 mg is a medication prescribed by doctors to individuals experiencing erectile dysfunction. This medicine belongs to the PDE-5 inhibitor class and contains 20mg of tadalafil. Tadalafil, found in Tazzle 20 mg, works by enhancing blood flow to the male genital area, alleviating symptoms of ED such as softer erections.
Tazzle 20 FM medicine is manufactured by Dr. Reddy’s, an Indian pharmaceutical company. They pack this oral disintegrating strip in a sachet, and each box consists of 2 sachets. Each strip has 20 mg of Tadalafil, the active pharmaceutical ingredient of the medicine, which falls in the PDE type5 inhibitor class action of the medicine.
|Tazzle 20 FM quick information
|Yes, Prescription Is compulsory.
|FDA Pregnancy Category:
|Does not cause sleepiness
|Schedule H Medicine
|Expires on or after:
Uses of Tazzle 20 FM
Erectile dysfunction is the first and main reason why a male gets a prescription for this medicine. It helps in improving the situation of ED patients by suppressing the symptoms temporarily.
How does Tazzle 20 FM work?
To understand completely how the medicine works, a person needs to understand how PDE type5 causes erectile dysfunction in the body. It is a hormone released by the body when the heart is at risk in the blood vessels. There, it is going to block the release of cGMP, which is a vasodilator. Soon, the blood vessels start to contract, due to which blood is unable to reach the penis in adequate amounts leading to softer erections.
When a person uses the medicine, Tadalafil enters the blood vessels and blocks the actions of the PDE type5. It will re-activate the release of cGMP in the blood vessels, which start dilating them. When a person is sexually aroused, more blood is able to reach the penis leading to a harder erection.
The medicine dose which is best for the erectile dysfunction patient is decided by the physician. They will consider the level of issues that a person has and their medical history. First, the physician ensures the safety of the patient and then prescribes the dose, which can be either one or two per day.
Side Effects of Tazzle 20 FM
Educate yourself about possible side effects that may arise, such as headaches, flushing, or confusion, so you are prepared to address them if they occur.
Potential Side Effects of Tazzle 20 FM Requiring Immediate Attention:
If you are taking Tazzle 20 FM medicine and experience any of the following symptoms, it’s crucial to stop the medication and seek immediate medical assistance:
- Swelling of Extremities
- Severe Headache and Nausea
- Allergic Reactions: Look out for signs such as rash, swelling, or breathing difficulties.
- Chest Pain and Cardiovascular Issues
- Sudden Vision/Hearing Loss
- Severe Hypotension: This indicates an abnormally low blood pressure.
- Shortness of Breath
- Priapism: This condition involves a painful and prolonged erection.
Tazzle 20 FM: Common and Less Severe Side Effects
While the following side effects are typically less severe, it is advisable to consult with a healthcare provider to address them effectively. These common side effects may include:
- – Dizziness or lightheadedness
- – Minor changes in vision, such as blurred vision or a blue-green tinge to objects
- – Stuffy or runny nose
- – Mild to moderate headache
- – Mild stomach discomfort or indigestion
- – Flushing, which can manifest as a feeling of warmth or redness in the face, neck, or chest
- – Back pain
- – Flu-like symptoms
- – Muscle pain, often referred to as myalgia
Below are various interactions that can occur when Tazzle 20 FM Tadalafil medicine is combined with different medications and substances.
- Nitrates: Nitrates are prescribed medications to prevent chest pain. When both medicines come together(Tazzle 20 FM and Nitrates), a notable decrease in blood pressure (BP) may occur.
Examples of common nitrates that interact with Tazzle 20 FM are provided below.
- Nitro-Dur (Nitroglycerin)
- Isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil)
- Isosorbide mononitrate
- Amyl nitrate (also known as “poppers”)
- Protease Inhibitors: Protease inhibitors, commonly used for viral infections such as HCV and human immunodeficiency virus, can increase the risk of side effects when combined with Tazzle 20 FM.
Examples of common protease Inhibitors that interact with Tazzle 20 FM are provided below.
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Reyataz (Atazanavir)
- Aptivus (Tipranavir)
- Alpha Blockers: Alpha blockers are commonly employed to regulate high blood pressure (BP). When taken concurrently with Tazzle 20 FM, these medications work in tandem to further decrease BP by inducing muscle relaxation. The result of this combined approach is a noteworthy reduction in blood pressure.
Examples of common alpha blockers that interact with Tazzle 20 FM are provided below.
- Minipress (Prazosin)
- Anti-Infective Medications: Similar to protease inhibitors, certain anti-infective medications can interact with Tazzle 20 FM, potentially amplifying side effects.
- Alcohol and Tazzle 20 FM Interactions: Alcohol, like Tazzle 20 FM, can relax blood vessels, leading to a drop in blood pressure.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit and grapefruit juice can interfere with the metabolism of Tazzle 20 FM, leading to an increase in its concentration in the body. This can result in a sudden drop in blood pressure.
- Tadalafil: MedlinePlus Drug Information. Available online:
- Tadalafil Interactions: Drugs.com. Available online:
- Tadalafil (Oral Route) Side Effects: Mayoclinic.org. Available online:
- Definition & Facts for Erectile Dysfunction: niddk.nih.gov. Available online:
MedzPills is dedicated to providing visitors with accurate and reliable health information. This article has been carefully reviewed by an expert, Parry Stone. However, it’s important to understand that this information is not a substitute for advice from a qualified medical professional. Our information is meant to be a helpful resource, but it might not cover every aspect of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, or alerts.
It’s strongly recommended that you consult your doctor for any specific questions or concerns about a particular illness or medication. At MedzPills, our goal is to complement, rather than replace, the important doctor-patient relationship.