What is Vigora 50 mg?
Vigora 50 mg is a sexual wellness drug manufactured by Zydus Cadila an Indian Pharmaceutical company. The medicine consists of Sildenafil Citrate as an active pharmaceutical ingredient, which falls in the PDE type inhibitor class action of medicine. The medicine helps males who have erectile dysfunction issues to perform better sexually. It is a situation in which a male cannot gain a harder erection when having intercourse.
It leads to other issues like declining sexual satisfaction and libido levels in both males and females. The medicine helps in an overall improvement in the situation. The manufacturer of the medicine packs the medicine in 4 red and triangular tablets. Each tablet has 50 mg of Sildenafil, for which a person requires a prescription. So, if a person has erectile dysfunction, they should visit a registered physician and get a prescription for the medicine.
Uses of Vigora 50 mg?
- If a person has a Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension issue, they can get help from the medicine. It is a condition in which blood pressure inside the vessels increases abnormally.
- The medicine can also help patients with erectile dysfunction. A person should keep in mind that the medicine only helps in improving the situation temporarily.
Benefits of using Vigora 50 mg
- The medicine consumer will notice the benefit of a better and harder erection important for satisfactory intercourse.
- The medicine also helps in uplifting the libido levels in the body of a person.
- People using the medicine will also experience a rise in the levels of sexual satisfaction.
- A normal blood pressure level is also a benefit to people using the medicine.
How does Vigora 50 mg work?
To understand how medicine works, a person first needs to understand how the problem actually happens in the male body. Whenever the heart of a person is under immense risk, the body releases PDE type5. It enters the blood vessels and blocks the release of cGMP, which is a vasodilator. Due to this, blood vessels start to contract, and blood is unable to reach the penis leading to softer erections and erectile dysfunction.
When a person consumes the medicine, Sildenafil dissolves inside the blood vessels and blocks the actions of PDE type5. It will directly lead to an activation of the release of cGMP. It will start the dilation of blood vessels so that more blood can reach the penis when a person is sexually aroused. To perform all these actions, the medicine takes an average time of 20-25 minutes, which can be more or less based on ED levels.
The dose of medicine that is appropriate for the patient with erectile dysfunction is decided by the physician. They make this decision by considering two important pieces of information. The first one is the medical history of the person, and the second is the levels of issues that a male has. They will cross-check the medical history of a person to ensure whether a person is safe to use the medicine. If the ED patient is safe to consume the medicine, the physician will check the ED levels and suggest the dose. Generally, the dose is one per day, taken half an hour before intercourse.
For detailed information on the interactions of Vigora 50 mg with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Vigora 50 mg and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Vigora 50 mg
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of Vigora 50 mg
- Increased risk of side effects
Vigora 50 mg and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Vigora 50 mg drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Nitroprusside (Nitropress)
- Isosorbide (Isordil, Dilatrate-SR)
- Cobicistat (Tybost)
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Nefazodone (Serzone)
- Itraconazole (Sporanox)
- Nitroglycerin (Nitrostat, Nitrolingual, Nitro-Dur, Minitran, Nitro-Bid, Rectiv, GoNitro)
- Fosamprenavir (Lexiva)
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- Idelalisib (Zydelig)
- Amprenavir (Agenerase)
- Amyl Nitrite
Moderate drug interactions
Vigora 50 mg disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptomsof PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
Seek immediate medical assistance for the following side effects.
Uncommon side effects:
- Priapism (painful erections)
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- Painful urination.
Rare side effects:
- Sensitivity to light.
- Heightened thirst.
- Blurred vision.
- Fever or chills..
- Difficulty focusing.
- Decreased volume or frequency of urination.
- Unusual weakness or fatigue.
- Stress or nervousness.
- Unusual sensation of burning or stinging on the skin.
- Restless sleep.
- Similar behavior changes to that of intoxication.
Less severe side effects of Vigora 50 mg
The most commonly noted side effects:
- Nasal congestion or runny nose.
- Muscular aches and pains.
- Nasal bleeding.
- Unusually warm skin.
- Discomfort and tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones.
Infrequent side effects:
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Paleness of the skin.
- Unpleasant sexual effects in men (persistent), such as the inability to experience an orgasm.
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Poor coordination.
- Asthma worsening.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Stomach pains.