What is Zenegra 100?
Zenegra 100 is an allopathic medicine that is manufactured to help males with erectile dysfunction. It is a condition in which a male is unable to gain a harder erection when they are sexually aroused. All they get is a softer erection, due to which a male and their partner also suffer from issues like declining sexual satisfaction and libido levels. The medicine helps in the temporary suppression of the symptoms of a softer erection, allowing a person to have satisfactory intercourse.
The active pharmaceutical ingredient inside the medicine is Sildenafil Citrate, which falls in the PDE-type5 inhibitor class action of the medicine. The manufacturer of the medicine is Alkem Pharmaceuticals, an Indian brand. They pack the medicine in a strip of 4. Each tablet in the strip is blue and oval, comprising 100 mg of Sildenafil Citrate. One important information about the medicine is that it is only available to people with a prescription for it.
Uses of Zenegra 100
- Patients with erectile dysfunction can take the help of Zenegra 100 if the physician marks them safe. The medicine acts as a temporary relief from the issue of a softer erection, which is helpful for having better and satisfactory intercourse.
- The medicine helps patients with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. It is a situation in which the blood pressure of a person increases abnormally. Nowadays, this issue is commonly found among males.
Benefits of using Zenegra 100
- Harder erections leading to satisfactory intercourse are the first benefit of using this medicine.
- Increasing libido and sexual satisfaction levels are also the benefits of consuming this medicine.
- People consuming the medicine will also enjoy the benefit of normal blood pressure.
How does Zenegra 100 work?
Zenegra 100 medicine’s main task is to block the actions of PDE type5 in order to help a person achieve a harder erection. PDE type5 is a hormone released by the body when a male adopts a bunch of bad habits. The main aim of the release of PDE type5 is to ensure the safety of the heart, but in the process, the blood vessels contract. Due to this, blood is unable to reach the penis leading to a softer erection.
When a male consumes the medicine, Sildenafil enters the blood vessels, leading to the blocking of all the activities performed by PDE type5. It will lead to a rise in the levels of cGMP, which is a vasodilator. Soon, the blood vessels dilate, and a person notices a harder erection when they are sexually aroused.
The required dose of the medicine varies from person to person, and the final decision on the dose is made by the physician a person visits. They require information about the medical history of a person and the intensity of the erectile dysfunction issues. They will use the first information to ensure whether a person is safe to use the medicine or not. The latter information will help a physician decide whether a patient needs one or two doses of Zenegra 100mg per day. Ideally, it is one per day, taken half an hour before intercourse.
For detailed information on the interactions of Zenegra 100 with drugs, alcohol, supplements, food, and diseases, please visit the Sildenafil Interaction page.
Zenegra 100 and Alcohol/Supplements/Food Interactions
Alcohol (Ethanol) and Zenegra 100
- Increased risk of heart problems
- Reduced effectiveness of Zenegra 100
- Increased risk of side effects
Zenegra 100 and Supplements/foods Interactions
- Yohimbine: Drop in blood pressure.
- L-arginine: Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Grapefruit juice: It Can lead to a higher risk of side effects
Zenegra 100 drug interactions
Major drug interactions
- Riociguat (Adempas)
- Indinavir (Crixivan)
- Nitroprusside (Nitropress)
- Ritonavir (Norvir)
- Nelfinavir (Viracept)
- Ceritinib (Zykadia)
- Atazanavir (Reyataz)
- Cobicistat (Tybost)
- Idelalisib (Zydelig)
- Darunavir (Prezista)
- Boceprevir (Victrelis)
- Lonafarnib (Zokinvy)
- Erythromycin (Erythrocin)
- Isosorbide (Isordil, Dilatrate-SR)
Moderate drug interactions
Zenegra 100 disease interactions
Disease Interactions that are of high clinical significance.
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD): Worsening symptomsof PVOD and potentially life-threatening complications.
- Cardiovascular Disease: May experience a significant drop in blood pressure
- Renal dysfunction: may result in drug accumulation.
Disease Interactions that are of less clinical significance.
- Hearing Loss
- Liver Disease
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Seizure Disorders
The following side effects necessitate prompt medical intervention.
Uncommon side effects:
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Painful urination.
- Priapism (painful erections)
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
Rare side effects:
- Twitching of the muscles.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Expansion of the pupil.
- Breast enlargement.
- Severe or continuing nausea.
- Cool and pale skin.
- Fever or chills.
- Restless sleep.
- Decreased volume or frequency of urination.
less serious side effects of Zenegra 100
The side effects most commonly discussed:
- Muscular aches and pains.
- Discomfort and tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones.
- Nasal bleeding.
- Nasal congestion or runny nose.
- Upset stomach after eating.
Infrequent side effects:
- Unpleasant sexual effects in men (persistent), such as the inability to experience an orgasm.
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Enlargement of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs.
- Poor coordination.
- Asthma worsening.
- Stomach pains.