Sildenafil Citrate is a medication prescribed for the treatment of male sexual dysfunction, including impotence and erectile dysfunction (ED).
All medicines that contain sildenafil, such as Fildena, Kamagra, and Cenforce, have some side effects along with benefits. You can find a list of possible side effects that a person may experience if they take medicine containing sildenafil. Although not all of these side effects will happen, if they do, medical help may be needed.
Contact doctor for these side effects.
- Urine that is cloudy or bloody.
- Prickling, tingling, or numbness sensations.
- A feeling of burning or discomfort in the chest or abdomen.
- Tenderness in the stomach area.
- Painful urination.
- More frequent need to urinate.
- Burning or aching in the bladder.
- Priapism (painful erections)
- Unusual weakness or fatigue.
- Changes in vision.
- Increased sweating.
- Twitching of the muscles.
- Cold sweats.
- Severe or persistent headache.
- Hearing loss or deafness.
- Blurred vision.
- Bleeding of the eye.
- Bone pain.
- Severe or continuing nausea.
- Perception of different shades of color.
- Difficulty focusing.
- Temporary loss of vision.
- Decreased volume or frequency of urination.
- Visual changes.
- Unusual sensation of burning or stinging on the skin.
- Sensitivity to light.
- Expansion of the pupil.
- Aching in the lower back or side.
- Fever or chills.
- Feeling of something in the eye.
- Restless sleep.
- Cool and pale skin.
- Stress or nervousness.
- Heightened thirst.
- Chest pains.
- Similar behavior changes to that of intoxication.
- Breast enlargement.
Non-Serious Side Effects of Sildenafil medicine
Occasionally, non-serious side effects may occur as your body adjusts to the medication. Your healthcare provider can suggest ways to manage or alleviate them. Contact your healthcare provider if any of these side effects persist, trouble you, or if you have questions about them.
The side effects that are more commonly reported.
- Labored breathing.
- Unusually warm skin.
- Nasal congestion or runny nose.
- Upset stomach after eating.
- Nasal bleeding.
- Discomfort and tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones.
- Muscular aches and pains.
- Reddening of the skin.
Rare side effects:
- Mental depression.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Unpleasant sexual effects in men (persistent), such as the inability to experience an orgasm.
- Enlargement of the face, hands, feet, or lower legs.
- Diarrhea or cramps (severe or ongoing)
- Stomach pains.
- Paleness of the skin.
- Shaking or trembling.
- Ulcers in the mouth or on the lips.
- Swallowing difficulty.
- Ear pain.
- Asthma worsening.
- Poor coordination.
- Elevated skin sensitivity.
- Abnormal dreams.
- Muscle twitching.
- Numbness in hands, legs, or feet.
- Irritation or redness of the tongue.
- Tight muscles.
- Swelling, soreness, redness, or bleeding of the gums.
- Saliva increase.
- Skin lesions that are swollen.
- Unexpected weak point.
- Anal bleeding.
- Waking up in the night to urinate.
- Loss of bladder control.
If you experience any side effects from sildenafil-containing medicines like Fildena, Kamagra, or Cenforce, contact your healthcare provider immediately. The non-serious side effects can be managed or alleviated by your doctor, and medical help may be needed for more serious side effects.
- “Sildenafil Side Effects: Common, Severe, Long Term” from drugs.com (https://www.drugs.com/sfx/sildenafil-side-effects.html)
- “Sildenafil (Oral Route) Side Effects” from mayoclinic.org (https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/sildenafil-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20066989)
Medzpills aims to provide consumers with reliable, trustworthy, and expert-reviewed information. This article has been reviewed by Parry Stone, an expert in the field. However, it is important to note that the information presented should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. The information provided serves only as a source of knowledge and may not cover all aspects of health conditions, lab tests, medications, potential side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more. It is highly recommended to consult with your doctor and address any concerns or questions you may have about a specific disease or medication. At Medzpills, we strive to supplement, rather than replace, the essential doctor-patient relationship.