We all know that when we consume Sildenafil then, some side effects occur in our bodies. In normal situations, these side effects are easily controllable, and our bodies can bear them. But when you consume alcohol above Sildenafil, the side effects in your body start becoming serious. Sometimes the medicine does not show its action in your body. Above that, their mixture even increases the chances of stroke and heart attack. That is why everyone suggests you avoid alcohol when using Sildenafil.
Side effects of Sildenafil that increase if you mix it with alcohol
- When you consume alcohol with Sildenafil, the body’s blood pressure might decrease to an unhealthy level. You should contact your physician asap in this case.
- You will notice a problem of dizziness which can even lead to fainting.
- People might notice lightheadedness and flushing issues increase because of the mixture.
- You might notice a severe headache from a mixture of alcohol and Sildenafil. Normally, the headache is very mild due to Sildenafil.
- Palpitations in your heart also rise because of the mixture of both materials.
Tips for you: If you are addicted to alcohol.
Several people are addicted to alcohol. For such people, leaving alcohol suddenly is not feasible because of withdrawal symptoms. That is why such people should always take little steps at a time, like decreasing their consumption by one to two drinks every week. This will help them in leaving alcohol over a month.
Apart from that, it would be best if you always kept a difference of 7-8 hours between alcohol and Sildenafil consumption on average. It will keep your body safe by not letting both interactive materials interact.
Alcohol and ED study
Studies show that when 100 alcoholics and 100 non-alcoholics were compared, the results were shocking. Seventy-seven people who are drinking excessively have erectile dysfunction problems in their bodies. On the other hand, only 43 non-alcoholics suffer from erectile dysfunction problems. There is a huge difference between these numbers because alcohol can lead to ED directly because of the following reasons-
- When you consume alcohol, then your brain gets affected. Alcohol does not let the brain send messages properly to the penis for an erection. Due to this, a person starts noticing ED.
- Alcohol also decreases the production of testosterone in your body. Now, we all know that it is the primary male sex hormone that impacts various sexual impacts. One of those issues that you might notice is erectile dysfunction.
How is alcohol bad for your health even if you consume it alone?
First of all, you should know that alcohol does not cause any major issues when you are using it in very limited amounts and occasionally. Problems happen in your body when you start consuming alcohol in excessive amounts regularly. A few major issues that might arise in your body are-
- You might notice that excessive alcohol consumption increases the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- The risk of Liver disease also increases due to alcohol. Most people notice liver failure because of alcohol consumption.
- You might even face digestive problems because of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Excessive alcohol also gives rise to chances of cancer. A few common examples are the breast, throat, liver, rectum, mouth, esophagus, voice box, colon, etc.
- Alcohol also disrupts your learning process and impacts your memory. Due to this, your performance decreases.
- Excessive alcohol consumption also gives rise to the issues of pancreatitis.
How much alcohol can you drink with it?
When you are consuming alcohol, your first priority should be not to consume alcohol. But if you want to drink it, you can consume one or two drinks on max. Apart from that, it would be best if you kept an appropriate time difference between alcohol and Sildenafil.
How much time after taking Sildenafil can I drink alcohol?
If you want to drink alcohol but have taken Sildenafil, wait until it is active in your body. On average, Sildenafil salt stays active inside your body for 4-5 hours on an average. That is why you should wait for this period and then consume alcohol. Due to this, the chances of mixing Sildenafil and alcohol are invalid, and you will be safe from the side effects.
How much time after drinking alcohol can I take Sildenafil?
You should know that when you drink alcohol, you will have at least 6-7 hours in your blood. Now, Sildenafil also has to enter your blood and show its actions. That is why you should take at least wait 7 hours after consuming alcohol to use Sildenafil. It will at least ensure that side effects do not occur and you stay safe.
What should you do if you mix alcohol and Sildenafil?
If you ever mix alcohol and Sildenafil and consume it, you should always check how your body reacts. It would be better if you don’t get sexually aroused and rest. If side effects start appearing in your body, you must contact your physician immediately. They will help you get over the side effects appearing in your body.
Related Article : –
Goldstein, I., Burnett, A. L., Rosen, R. C., Park, P. W., Stecher, V. J., & The PREDICT Study Investigators. (2018). The PDE5 inhibitor sildenafil and endothelial function. Journal of sexual medicine, 15(3), 374-387.
At Medzpills, it is our mission to provide consumers with the best possible, scientifically-backed, and expert-reviewed information. Parry Stone, an expert in the field has reviewed this article, but we caution you that it should not be treated as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. It is a source of knowledge, potentially helpful in understanding health conditions, lab tests, medications, side effects, drug interactions, warnings, alerts, and more. To ensure the best experience and outcome, we strongly encourage you to consult with your doctor and discuss any concerns or questions you have about a particular disease or medication. Our services are meant to supplement, not replace, the invaluable relationship between doctor and patient.